Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Edition Top Features: When to Hit Your Edition
By Precious Silva | April 30, 2014 10:06 PM EST
Samsung has always created several variants of its smartphone models throughout the years. For instance, there is the Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S4 mini and Samsung Galaxy S4 Black edition. This time, the South Korean tech giant tries its hands on a crystal version of the Samsung Galaxy S5. According to recent reports, Samsung has worked with Swarovski for a "Crystal" version of its latest handset. How is it different?
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist.Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Throughout the years, Samsung has partnered with Swarovski to create more luxurious models of its handsets. This time, the Samsung Galaxy S5 gets the bling treatment. According to a teaser video of Samsung uploaded on South Korea's YouTube edition, the crystal version will be hitting stores this May.
While the rear casing of the phone has been featured very briefly in the video, people should get a good glimpse of how the Crystal Collection S5 will look like. The phone has been encrusted using Swarovski spangles. It looks like the Galaxy Note 3 Crystal Collection device introduced earlier this year.
The promotional video was only uploaded to the South Korean YouTube channel, many people think that Samsung plans on releasing the edition in its home turf only. There is still a chance for the bejeweled edition to hit other countries if it performs well in Korea according to analysts.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with the following features:
- Dimensions: 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm (5.59 x 2.85 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 145 g (5.11 oz)
- Fingerprint sensor (PayPal certified)
- IP67 certified - dust and water resistant
- Water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.1 inches (~432 ppi pixel density)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- TouchWiz UI
- 16 MP, 5312 x 2988 pixels, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
- Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
- Adreno 330
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon