Apple's Tim Cook Hints on iPhone 6 Release? Cook Claims They "Take the Time to Get it Right"
By Precious Silva | April 30, 2014 9:42 PM EST
The market has been anticipating what Apple has in store for its next releases. According to recent reports, the tech giant plans on releasing the iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, iPad 4, 2014 MacBook Air and 2014 MacBook Pro this third quarter. Additionally, the company plans on introducing new products like the iWatch. As the third quarter approaches, the pressure mounts for Apple. Tim Cook has got something to say all of these.
Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook speaks about the new iPad Air and the iPad mini with Retnia display during an Apple event in San Francisco, California October 22, 2013.
Apple's CEO Tim Cook clarified in the company's latest earnings call that Apple has been focusing on excellent product development instead of competing for the first company to introduce offerings. Likewise, Apple's head also hinted that the company is now very close to releasing another product category. Many analysts think this will be the iWatch or a new iPhone.
Apple has released a number of revolutionary products starting from the Mac. It was when Steve Jobs took the lead post in the company did things started rolling out once more. The introduction of the iPhone and iPod changed the standards for phones and music players. However, since the departure of the famed CEO, Apple has been under scrutiny for lack of innovative offerings.
While this was a point of concern for investors, Cook appeased them by saying that the company has been working on something to get a product category right and ripe for the market.
"The key thing for us ... is to stay focused on things that we can do best and that we can perform at a really high-level of quality that our customers have come to expect. And so we currently feel comfortable in expanding the number of things we're working on. So we've been doing that in the background and we're not ready yet to pull the string on the curtain. But we've got some great things there. We're working on them. Very, very proud of and very, very excited about," Cook explained.
Cook did not reveal what the product would be. Apple has yet to make an announcement on upcoming offerings.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery