Apple's Tim Cook Hints on iPhone 6 Release? Cook Claims They "Take the Time to Get it Right"
By Precious Silva | April 30, 2014 9:42 PM EST
The market has been anticipating what Apple has in store for its next releases. According to recent reports, the tech giant plans on releasing the iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, iPad 4, 2014 MacBook Air and 2014 MacBook Pro this third quarter. Additionally, the company plans on introducing new products like the iWatch. As the third quarter approaches, the pressure mounts for Apple. Tim Cook has got something to say all of these.
Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook speaks about the new iPad Air and the iPad mini with Retnia display during an Apple event in San Francisco, California October 22, 2013.
Apple's CEO Tim Cook clarified in the company's latest earnings call that Apple has been focusing on excellent product development instead of competing for the first company to introduce offerings. Likewise, Apple's head also hinted that the company is now very close to releasing another product category. Many analysts think this will be the iWatch or a new iPhone.
Apple has released a number of revolutionary products starting from the Mac. It was when Steve Jobs took the lead post in the company did things started rolling out once more. The introduction of the iPhone and iPod changed the standards for phones and music players. However, since the departure of the famed CEO, Apple has been under scrutiny for lack of innovative offerings.
While this was a point of concern for investors, Cook appeased them by saying that the company has been working on something to get a product category right and ripe for the market.
"The key thing for us ... is to stay focused on things that we can do best and that we can perform at a really high-level of quality that our customers have come to expect. And so we currently feel comfortable in expanding the number of things we're working on. So we've been doing that in the background and we're not ready yet to pull the string on the curtain. But we've got some great things there. We're working on them. Very, very proud of and very, very excited about," Cook explained.
Cook did not reveal what the product would be. Apple has yet to make an announcement on upcoming offerings.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports