Scorpions Drummer James Kottak Jailed in Dubai for Cursing Muslims, Removing His Pants at Airport
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 30, 2014 9:23 PM EST
The Drummer for the German rock band Scorpions, James Kottak has been jailed for a month in Dubai for offensive behaviors including cursing Muslims and removing his trousers at airport in a drunken state, according to local media.
Wikimedia Commons/Carlos Delga
The Drummer for the German rock band Scorpions James Kottak has been jailed for a month in Dubai for cursing Muslims. (Image: Wikimedia Commons/Carlos Delgado)
In the incident that occurred on 3 April at Dubai International Airport's transit hall, the long-time drummer of the German heavy metal band swore at Muslims, gesturing indecently and dropping his trousers as he was drunk, the Gulf News reported.
The paper reported that 'Okay' was the only word that the 51-year-old American drummer said before the Dubai Misdemeanors Court when he heard the ruling on Tuesday.
Two ground staff at the airport testified that they heard Kottak yelling that he would not travel with a group of Pakistani and Afghani passengers.
Kottak started swearing and talking about non-educated Muslims, then flashed his middle finger at Pakistani passengers. The Police also said that he exposed his behind after removing his trousers, according to the National newspaper.
A policeman told the newspaper that he heard Kottak say, "What is this disgusting smell?" insulting the muslims.
A customer service employee recognized by the paper as 'S O' was also quoted as saying: "When he saw the Pakistani and Afghan passengers, he covered his nose and said that there was no way he will travel with them."
Kottak admitted to drinking alcohol, but denied the other charges, Gulf news added.
Meanwhile, his lawyer argued that his client was only trying to show his tattoo on his back to the people at the airport.
He has been in custody since 3 April and will soon complete his jail term.
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff