Kevin Durant on Brink of Joining Dirk, Malone, Unseld as MVPs Failing To Reach Second Round
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 9:16 PM EST
Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant might have already bagged 2014 NBA MVP, but he's also on the verge of joining former MVPs who failed to advance beyond the first round of the playoffs.
Durant, who will likely received his first ever regular-season MVP award, might join Wes Unseld, Moses Malone and Dirk Nowitzki in the list of former MVP who failed to reach the second round of the playoffs.
"Dirk Nowitzki is the most recent regular season MVP to have his team lose in the first round, falling to the Golden State Warriors in 2007. Wes Unseld (1969) and Moses Malone (1979, 1982) are the other two MVPs to lose in the first round, while Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was named MVP in 1976 despite missing the playoffs in his first season with the Los Angeles Lakers," Real GM reported on Tuesday.
With Tuesday's heartbreaking overtime loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, the Thunder need to win the next two games for them to avoid elimination.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS