Football Rumors: John Terry Wants To End Career with Chelsea
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 9:15 PM EST
John Terry revealed that his contract situation with Chelsea hasn't progressed, but he hopes everything falls in place this summer as he looks to end his career with the Blues, Chelsea's longtime captain told ESPN FC on Tuesday.
"At the minute we're in talks and it's ongoing. I'm hoping it gets done. It's down to the club. They know I want to stay," said the 33-year old Terry, who is playing really well this season despite his age.
Jose Mourinho also recognized Terry's performance this season, believing his captain and premier defender is playing at high level again despite his advanced age.
"My captain is playing at the same level he was playing when I left Chelsea in 2007, as simple as that," Mourinho said. "Seven years later, he's playing again at his best. At his best level. It's fair to say that."
Terry, on the other hand, would love to continue playing under Mourinho's tutelage not because of his knowledge in the game but also honest approach to his players.
"He's very honest and tells you straight -- if you're playing well you'll keep your place. After we played Man United, I got Man of the Match and then got left out of the Munich game [UEFA Super Cup] and felt a bit puzzled by it. He told me the other guys deserved to play because they played in the Europa League final and, as a player, all you can ask for from your manager is honesty."
"When he gives you that, you can't sulk. You have to get on with it, dust yourself down and fight for your place again the next week. That's what he does, not just with me but the whole squad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election