UEFA Champions League: Pep Guardiola Takes Blame For Bayern Munich Loss
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 9:13 PM EST
Bench tactician Pep Guardiola said he should take the blame for Bayern Munich's collapse in the second leg of their UEFA Champions League clash with Real Madrid last Tuesday, adding punishment should be appropriate for his failure to bring the German powerhouse back to the finals.
"We played badly, that's my responsibility," Guardiola told reporters. "We are at the highest level in Europe and such errors are punished. I'll try to lift the players. It is a fresh experience now, but it is too early for a general analysis.
"If you don't play well and you defend set pieces badly, that's just how it is. We are playing at the highest level in Europe, and such mistakes are punished right away. Bayern are a big side. I will try to lift the players again.
"The reason for the defeat is that we played too little with the ball. If you do not have control of the game, you have no chance against this team.
"When you are playing bad, you concede a lot. We came out very energised, it was a back-and-forth game, we could have scored with our chances, but we didn't. Us playing bad is the only one explanation for this defeat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage