UEFA Champions League: Pep Guardiola Takes Blame For Bayern Munich Loss
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 9:13 PM EST
Bench tactician Pep Guardiola said he should take the blame for Bayern Munich's collapse in the second leg of their UEFA Champions League clash with Real Madrid last Tuesday, adding punishment should be appropriate for his failure to bring the German powerhouse back to the finals.
"We played badly, that's my responsibility," Guardiola told reporters. "We are at the highest level in Europe and such errors are punished. I'll try to lift the players. It is a fresh experience now, but it is too early for a general analysis.
"If you don't play well and you defend set pieces badly, that's just how it is. We are playing at the highest level in Europe, and such mistakes are punished right away. Bayern are a big side. I will try to lift the players again.
"The reason for the defeat is that we played too little with the ball. If you do not have control of the game, you have no chance against this team.
"When you are playing bad, you concede a lot. We came out very energised, it was a back-and-forth game, we could have scored with our chances, but we didn't. Us playing bad is the only one explanation for this defeat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes