'The Voice' USA 2014 Shocker: Kat Perkins in Bottom 3, But Saved; 2 Contestants Sent Home
By Raymond Ronamai | April 30, 2014 8:55 PM EST
The results of "The Voice" USA 2014 were shocking with some of the consistent performers being placed in the bottom three, while mediocre performers were given green signal. It was the Americans who decide the fate of the contestants.
The Voice Official
Kat Perkins sing Grace Potter & The Nocturnals' "Paris (Ooh La La)" on Tuesday.
Coach Usher kicked off the elimination night by performing Lenny Kravitz's "Always on the Run" with his team members Bria Kelly and Josh Kaufman, before host Carson Daly announced the first contestant saved by America.
America saved Team Adam's Christina Grimmie, whose unique rendition of Drake's "Hold On, We're Going Home" on Monday night shot up to #4 on iTunes. Carson announced Sisaundra Lewis from Team Blake as the next contestant saved by America. She put up a wonderful rendition of Steve Perry's "Oh Sherrie" during the live show.
Team Shakira's Kristen Merlin, who sang Passenger's "Let Her Go" on Monday, was the next to be saved by America. Josh Kaufman from Team Usher was the fourth name called out by Carson. He sang Kenny Loggins' "This Is It" during the live performance.
Then it was time for some fun. Shakira performed her hit number, "The One Thing" with her team members, Kristen Merlin and Tess Boyer, and they blended off very well.
Carson called out Audra McLaughlin and Jake Jake Worthington from Team Blake and Delvin Choice from Team Adam as the ones saved by America, leaving Kat Perkins, Tess Boyer and Bria Kelly in the bottom three. Audra sang Reba McEntire's "You Lie," whereas, Delvin performed Gary Clark Jr.'s "Bright Lights" and Jake sang George Strait's "Run" on Monday.
Bria took the stage again to impress the audience and she did manage to do so with her rendition of Heart's "Crazy On You."
Tess sang "Who Knew" by Pink, and Kat sang Grace Potter & The Nocturnals' "Paris (Ooh La La)."
America saved Kat through Twitter save, and sent Tess and Bria home.
It came as a surprise when Kat Perkins was placed in the bottom three, as she was one of the most consistent contestants this season and her rendition of Fleetwod Mac's "Landslide" on Monday was good too. Bria Kelly's elimination might disappoint many, though some may see Tess' ousted coming after being placed in the bottom three in a row. If won't be surprising if Jake Worthington and Josh Kaufman got less votes after their not so impressive performance on Monday, but they were voted through by America.
(Image Credit: Screenshot from The Voice Official YouTube Video)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia