'The Voice' USA 2014 Shocker: Kat Perkins in Bottom 3, But Saved; 2 Contestants Sent Home
By Raymond Ronamai | April 30, 2014 8:55 PM EST
The results of "The Voice" USA 2014 were shocking with some of the consistent performers being placed in the bottom three, while mediocre performers were given green signal. It was the Americans who decide the fate of the contestants.
The Voice Official
Kat Perkins sing Grace Potter & The Nocturnals' "Paris (Ooh La La)" on Tuesday.
Coach Usher kicked off the elimination night by performing Lenny Kravitz's "Always on the Run" with his team members Bria Kelly and Josh Kaufman, before host Carson Daly announced the first contestant saved by America.
America saved Team Adam's Christina Grimmie, whose unique rendition of Drake's "Hold On, We're Going Home" on Monday night shot up to #4 on iTunes. Carson announced Sisaundra Lewis from Team Blake as the next contestant saved by America. She put up a wonderful rendition of Steve Perry's "Oh Sherrie" during the live show.
Team Shakira's Kristen Merlin, who sang Passenger's "Let Her Go" on Monday, was the next to be saved by America. Josh Kaufman from Team Usher was the fourth name called out by Carson. He sang Kenny Loggins' "This Is It" during the live performance.
Then it was time for some fun. Shakira performed her hit number, "The One Thing" with her team members, Kristen Merlin and Tess Boyer, and they blended off very well.
Carson called out Audra McLaughlin and Jake Jake Worthington from Team Blake and Delvin Choice from Team Adam as the ones saved by America, leaving Kat Perkins, Tess Boyer and Bria Kelly in the bottom three. Audra sang Reba McEntire's "You Lie," whereas, Delvin performed Gary Clark Jr.'s "Bright Lights" and Jake sang George Strait's "Run" on Monday.
Bria took the stage again to impress the audience and she did manage to do so with her rendition of Heart's "Crazy On You."
Tess sang "Who Knew" by Pink, and Kat sang Grace Potter & The Nocturnals' "Paris (Ooh La La)."
America saved Kat through Twitter save, and sent Tess and Bria home.
It came as a surprise when Kat Perkins was placed in the bottom three, as she was one of the most consistent contestants this season and her rendition of Fleetwod Mac's "Landslide" on Monday was good too. Bria Kelly's elimination might disappoint many, though some may see Tess' ousted coming after being placed in the bottom three in a row. If won't be surprising if Jake Worthington and Josh Kaufman got less votes after their not so impressive performance on Monday, but they were voted through by America.
(Image Credit: Screenshot from The Voice Official YouTube Video)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate