Chris Martin is a One Direction Fan: Coldplay Frontman Has Man Crush on Harry Styles
By Keerthi Mohan | April 30, 2014 8:48 PM EST
Chris Martin is moving forward following his split from wife Gwyneth Paltrow and in a recent interview with Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 Show, the singer spoke about his new album, break up as well as one of his favorite bands – One Direction.
Wikimedia Commons/ Alesiax
Martin was on the show to promote Coldplay’s upcoming album “Ghost Stories,” which is due out on May 19.
“I think One Direction are the biggest band in the world; their songs are great," said Martin, according to New York Daily News. I'm saying One Direction are brilliant and I'm not kidding."
In recent times, One Direction has had to deal with a lot of rumors about them splitting up, especially after several reports indicate that Harry Styles might be moving away soon to pursue a solo career.
But Martin feels these reports don’t hold much truth.
"You know why? Because their songs are really good and I don't think that any of them are going to go solo. I think they appreciate their chemistry from watching their movie."
One Direction band members too addressed these split rumors stating that the launch of their new album would probably put to rest such baseless reports.
"We always hear rumors about us splitting - but we're not," Harry Styles said, according to Entertainmentwise. "We've already started recording our fourth album."
Niall Horn added: "The fact we have an album coming should put these rumors to bed. We're here for as long as the fans want us."
Meanwhile, the Radio 1 interview had the Coldplay frontman admitting to having a man crush on Harry Styles, believed to be one of the most popular member of the British boyband, and noted that he was a bit nervous about meeting the 20-year-old.
"I was like this, 'I was pretty sure I was a straight guy before,'" Martin joked. "I was having a hot flush.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display