Chris Martin is a One Direction Fan: Coldplay Frontman Has Man Crush on Harry Styles
By Keerthi Mohan | April 30, 2014 8:48 PM EST
Chris Martin is moving forward following his split from wife Gwyneth Paltrow and in a recent interview with Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 Show, the singer spoke about his new album, break up as well as one of his favorite bands – One Direction.
Wikimedia Commons/ Alesiax
Martin was on the show to promote Coldplay’s upcoming album “Ghost Stories,” which is due out on May 19.
“I think One Direction are the biggest band in the world; their songs are great," said Martin, according to New York Daily News. I'm saying One Direction are brilliant and I'm not kidding."
In recent times, One Direction has had to deal with a lot of rumors about them splitting up, especially after several reports indicate that Harry Styles might be moving away soon to pursue a solo career.
But Martin feels these reports don’t hold much truth.
"You know why? Because their songs are really good and I don't think that any of them are going to go solo. I think they appreciate their chemistry from watching their movie."
One Direction band members too addressed these split rumors stating that the launch of their new album would probably put to rest such baseless reports.
"We always hear rumors about us splitting - but we're not," Harry Styles said, according to Entertainmentwise. "We've already started recording our fourth album."
Niall Horn added: "The fact we have an album coming should put these rumors to bed. We're here for as long as the fans want us."
Meanwhile, the Radio 1 interview had the Coldplay frontman admitting to having a man crush on Harry Styles, believed to be one of the most popular member of the British boyband, and noted that he was a bit nervous about meeting the 20-year-old.
"I was like this, 'I was pretty sure I was a straight guy before,'" Martin joked. "I was having a hot flush.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft