Kareena Kapoor Greets Shahid in Public 7 Years after Bitter Breakup
By Ankita Mehta | April 30, 2014 8:38 PM EST
Kareena Kapoor Khan and Shahid Kapoor greeted each other for the first time post their breakup. The "Jab We Met" actors had maintained a distance from each other ever since their breakup in 2007.
Kareena Kapoor Khan without makeup
The ex-lovers refrained from talking to each other and also avoided crossing paths during public events.
But during the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards in Tampa Bay, Florida, the ex-lovers greeted each other. Shahid was hosting the award ceremony, while Kareena attended the show with her husband Saif Ali Khan.
Kareena arrived on stage with husband to present an award, when Shahid was anchoring the segment with co-host Farhan Akhtar. After arriving on stage, Kareena said "Hi" to Shahid.
"When Kareena and Saif stepped on to the stage to present an award, Shahid, who was co-anchoring the segment with Farhan Akhtar, was standing at the the far end. Kareena greeted him graciously and even complimented the duo on the brilliant job they were doing. Saif who was standing beside his wife, smiled too. Shahid responded to Kareena's 'Hi' courteously but after the couple had stepped off the stage, he turned to his co-host with a grin and asked, 'Did she say 'Hi' to me?,'" an eyewitnesses told The Times of India.
Shahid and Kareena openly talked about their love life when they were dating each other. But after their bitter breakup they stayed away from each other.
Even during the chat show "Koffee With Karan" season 4, when Karan Johar asked Kareena whether she will work with her ex-boyfriend she replied: "I don't believe in looking back." Shahid also said that he never interacted with Kareena after the breakup.
However, the recent interaction between them has surprised many people including their fans. But it looks like that the ex-lovers have definitely moved on in their lives.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]