Kareena Kapoor Greets Shahid in Public 7 Years after Bitter Breakup
By Ankita Mehta | April 30, 2014 8:38 PM EST
Kareena Kapoor Khan and Shahid Kapoor greeted each other for the first time post their breakup. The "Jab We Met" actors had maintained a distance from each other ever since their breakup in 2007.
Kareena Kapoor Khan without makeup
The ex-lovers refrained from talking to each other and also avoided crossing paths during public events.
But during the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards in Tampa Bay, Florida, the ex-lovers greeted each other. Shahid was hosting the award ceremony, while Kareena attended the show with her husband Saif Ali Khan.
Kareena arrived on stage with husband to present an award, when Shahid was anchoring the segment with co-host Farhan Akhtar. After arriving on stage, Kareena said "Hi" to Shahid.
"When Kareena and Saif stepped on to the stage to present an award, Shahid, who was co-anchoring the segment with Farhan Akhtar, was standing at the the far end. Kareena greeted him graciously and even complimented the duo on the brilliant job they were doing. Saif who was standing beside his wife, smiled too. Shahid responded to Kareena's 'Hi' courteously but after the couple had stepped off the stage, he turned to his co-host with a grin and asked, 'Did she say 'Hi' to me?,'" an eyewitnesses told The Times of India.
Shahid and Kareena openly talked about their love life when they were dating each other. But after their bitter breakup they stayed away from each other.
Even during the chat show "Koffee With Karan" season 4, when Karan Johar asked Kareena whether she will work with her ex-boyfriend she replied: "I don't believe in looking back." Shahid also said that he never interacted with Kareena after the breakup.
However, the recent interaction between them has surprised many people including their fans. But it looks like that the ex-lovers have definitely moved on in their lives.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff