Driveclub: Reveals Official Release Date, New Trailer; Sony Promises No Compromise on Quality [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 30, 2014 8:34 PM EST
Upcoming racing video game, Driveclub will be hitting PlayStation 4 on 7 October 2014, said an announcement from Sony.
Driveclub which will be developed by Evolution Studios and published by Sony Computer Entertainment had earlier promised that the game will get its release date early 2014.
PlayStation 4 title Driveclub will be released on 7 October.
"We planned for the game to be ready for early 2014 and are committed to delivering on our ambitious promise of creating a truly innovative, socially connected racing game... What DRIVECLUB offers has not been previously achieved in this category and because of this, the team needed more time to give you the game you're waiting for," said a post from Shuhei Yoshida, president at Sony Worldwide Studios.
He further added that the game faced several challenges since the game was being ambitious. He also informed that Paul Rustchynsky, also known as Rushy was the game director of Driveclub since February 2014. Rustchynsky had an "impeccable" record in delivering racing games. He previously served as a MotorStorm RC's game director and has been working with Evolution since 2004.
Developers were in agreement when a fan wrote on the Driveclub's official Facebook page that the quality of the game will not be compromised as it is being pushed for release. The developers also promised that there would be more information coming on the video game in the run up to its release.
It was also confirmed that the footages shown in the video were "captured from the game running on PS4." Fans were also promised that "it was worth the wait" and it would explain why more time was required in another post.
Also, Sony has confirmed that the free version that is available exclusively for PlayStation Plus subscribers is in development and on track for its release. It was released that this version will not have some cars or tracks but players will still be able to play online multiplayer, the asynchronous challenges and the single player campaign, CVG reported.
(YouTube Courtesy: sonyplaystation)
Image credit: us.playstation.com (Ed:AJ)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories