Driveclub: Reveals Official Release Date, New Trailer; Sony Promises No Compromise on Quality [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 30, 2014 8:34 PM EST
Upcoming racing video game, Driveclub will be hitting PlayStation 4 on 7 October 2014, said an announcement from Sony.
Driveclub which will be developed by Evolution Studios and published by Sony Computer Entertainment had earlier promised that the game will get its release date early 2014.
PlayStation 4 title Driveclub will be released on 7 October.
"We planned for the game to be ready for early 2014 and are committed to delivering on our ambitious promise of creating a truly innovative, socially connected racing game... What DRIVECLUB offers has not been previously achieved in this category and because of this, the team needed more time to give you the game you're waiting for," said a post from Shuhei Yoshida, president at Sony Worldwide Studios.
He further added that the game faced several challenges since the game was being ambitious. He also informed that Paul Rustchynsky, also known as Rushy was the game director of Driveclub since February 2014. Rustchynsky had an "impeccable" record in delivering racing games. He previously served as a MotorStorm RC's game director and has been working with Evolution since 2004.
Developers were in agreement when a fan wrote on the Driveclub's official Facebook page that the quality of the game will not be compromised as it is being pushed for release. The developers also promised that there would be more information coming on the video game in the run up to its release.
It was also confirmed that the footages shown in the video were "captured from the game running on PS4." Fans were also promised that "it was worth the wait" and it would explain why more time was required in another post.
Also, Sony has confirmed that the free version that is available exclusively for PlayStation Plus subscribers is in development and on track for its release. It was released that this version will not have some cars or tracks but players will still be able to play online multiplayer, the asynchronous challenges and the single player campaign, CVG reported.
(YouTube Courtesy: sonyplaystation)
Image credit: us.playstation.com (Ed:AJ)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools