Driveclub: Reveals Official Release Date, New Trailer; Sony Promises No Compromise on Quality [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 30, 2014 8:34 PM EST
Upcoming racing video game, Driveclub will be hitting PlayStation 4 on 7 October 2014, said an announcement from Sony.
Driveclub which will be developed by Evolution Studios and published by Sony Computer Entertainment had earlier promised that the game will get its release date early 2014.
PlayStation 4 title Driveclub will be released on 7 October.
"We planned for the game to be ready for early 2014 and are committed to delivering on our ambitious promise of creating a truly innovative, socially connected racing game... What DRIVECLUB offers has not been previously achieved in this category and because of this, the team needed more time to give you the game you're waiting for," said a post from Shuhei Yoshida, president at Sony Worldwide Studios.
He further added that the game faced several challenges since the game was being ambitious. He also informed that Paul Rustchynsky, also known as Rushy was the game director of Driveclub since February 2014. Rustchynsky had an "impeccable" record in delivering racing games. He previously served as a MotorStorm RC's game director and has been working with Evolution since 2004.
Developers were in agreement when a fan wrote on the Driveclub's official Facebook page that the quality of the game will not be compromised as it is being pushed for release. The developers also promised that there would be more information coming on the video game in the run up to its release.
It was also confirmed that the footages shown in the video were "captured from the game running on PS4." Fans were also promised that "it was worth the wait" and it would explain why more time was required in another post.
Also, Sony has confirmed that the free version that is available exclusively for PlayStation Plus subscribers is in development and on track for its release. It was released that this version will not have some cars or tracks but players will still be able to play online multiplayer, the asynchronous challenges and the single player campaign, CVG reported.
(YouTube Courtesy: sonyplaystation)
Image credit: us.playstation.com (Ed:AJ)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu