NFL Rumors: Saints Won’t Pick Up Option on RB Mark Ingram
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:55 PM EST
The New Orleans Saints have no plan in exercising a 2015 team options on former first-round pick running back Mark Ingram, a source close to situation reported on Wednesday.
"The New Orleans Saints do not intend to exercise a 2015 team option on running back Mark Ingram's contract, a source reported to ESPN.
The Saints will have until Sunday to pick up the option which could pay Ingram $6.97 million next season. New Orleans picked up a similar deal on defensive end Cameron Jordan, who was also a first-round pick in the 2011 NFL Entry Draft.
Ingram has been hampered with injuries throughout his tenure with the Saints. Last season, the former Alabama star and Heisman Trophy winner covered 386 yards and one touchdown last season after missing the first five games with a toe injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch