NFL Rumors: Saints Won’t Pick Up Option on RB Mark Ingram
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:55 PM EST
The New Orleans Saints have no plan in exercising a 2015 team options on former first-round pick running back Mark Ingram, a source close to situation reported on Wednesday.
"The New Orleans Saints do not intend to exercise a 2015 team option on running back Mark Ingram's contract, a source reported to ESPN.
The Saints will have until Sunday to pick up the option which could pay Ingram $6.97 million next season. New Orleans picked up a similar deal on defensive end Cameron Jordan, who was also a first-round pick in the 2011 NFL Entry Draft.
Ingram has been hampered with injuries throughout his tenure with the Saints. Last season, the former Alabama star and Heisman Trophy winner covered 386 yards and one touchdown last season after missing the first five games with a toe injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display