NFL Rumors: Saints Won’t Pick Up Option on RB Mark Ingram
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:55 PM EST
The New Orleans Saints have no plan in exercising a 2015 team options on former first-round pick running back Mark Ingram, a source close to situation reported on Wednesday.
"The New Orleans Saints do not intend to exercise a 2015 team option on running back Mark Ingram's contract, a source reported to ESPN.
The Saints will have until Sunday to pick up the option which could pay Ingram $6.97 million next season. New Orleans picked up a similar deal on defensive end Cameron Jordan, who was also a first-round pick in the 2011 NFL Entry Draft.
Ingram has been hampered with injuries throughout his tenure with the Saints. Last season, the former Alabama star and Heisman Trophy winner covered 386 yards and one touchdown last season after missing the first five games with a toe injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles