NFL Rumors: Saints Won’t Pick Up Option on RB Mark Ingram
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:55 PM EST
The New Orleans Saints have no plan in exercising a 2015 team options on former first-round pick running back Mark Ingram, a source close to situation reported on Wednesday.
"The New Orleans Saints do not intend to exercise a 2015 team option on running back Mark Ingram's contract, a source reported to ESPN.
The Saints will have until Sunday to pick up the option which could pay Ingram $6.97 million next season. New Orleans picked up a similar deal on defensive end Cameron Jordan, who was also a first-round pick in the 2011 NFL Entry Draft.
Ingram has been hampered with injuries throughout his tenure with the Saints. Last season, the former Alabama star and Heisman Trophy winner covered 386 yards and one touchdown last season after missing the first five games with a toe injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Bob Arum Calls Showtime ‘Masochists’ For Allowing Floyd Mayweather To Lose Company Money
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season