NFL Rumors: Saints Won’t Pick Up Option on RB Mark Ingram
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:55 PM EST
The New Orleans Saints have no plan in exercising a 2015 team options on former first-round pick running back Mark Ingram, a source close to situation reported on Wednesday.
"The New Orleans Saints do not intend to exercise a 2015 team option on running back Mark Ingram's contract, a source reported to ESPN.
The Saints will have until Sunday to pick up the option which could pay Ingram $6.97 million next season. New Orleans picked up a similar deal on defensive end Cameron Jordan, who was also a first-round pick in the 2011 NFL Entry Draft.
Ingram has been hampered with injuries throughout his tenure with the Saints. Last season, the former Alabama star and Heisman Trophy winner covered 386 yards and one touchdown last season after missing the first five games with a toe injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales