NBA News: Warriors Had Plan To Walk Off in Game 5
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:54 PM EST
The Golden State Warriors had a plan in store in Game 5 if NBA commissioner Adam Silver did not impose the maximum punishment on Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, point guard Stephen Curry disclosed.
"The plan was set, the product of a 30-minute players meeting. The Warriors were going to go through pre-game warm-ups and take part in the national anthem and starting line-up introductions. They were going to take the floor for the jump ball, dapping up the Clippers players as is customary before games. Then once the ball was in the air, they were just going to walk off. All 15 of them," according to Marcos Thompson II.
The Warriors wanted to protest right from the onset of the Sterling controversy, but decided to give the new NBA commissioner enough time frame to investigate and impose appropriate penalties.
"It would have been our only chance to make a statement in front of the biggest audience that we weren't going to accept anything but the maximum punishment," Stephen Curry said. "We would deal with the consequences later but we were not going to play."
According to sources, Warriors' Curry, David Lee, Andre Iguodala and Jermaine O'Neal were the proponents of the boycott idea.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery