Ryan Giggs: My Goal is to Revive Manchester United’s Spirit
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:53 PM EST
Ryan Giggs is looking to bring back the philosophy inculcated by Sir Alex Ferguson during his tenure with the Manchester United.
With the ouster of David Moyes, Giggs assumed the head coaching role for the Reds on interim basis. However, despite the uncertainty of his position, the Manchester United legend said his goal is to revive the spirit of teamwork within the most storied football franchise in England.
"It is going to be my philosophy," he told his first news conference in charge. "It's going to be Manchester United's philosophy because I have been here all my career. I want the players to play with passion, tempo, be brave, imagination, all the things I expect of a Manchester United player. Work hard, but most of all enjoy it. As a player I know if I am enjoying the game, I can express myself more."
"I think everyone shares responsibility," he explained. "You win together and you lose together. Everyone involved this season hasn't been to the standards of Manchester United. It's as simple as that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More