Ryan Giggs: My Goal is to Revive Manchester United’s Spirit
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:53 PM EST
Ryan Giggs is looking to bring back the philosophy inculcated by Sir Alex Ferguson during his tenure with the Manchester United.
With the ouster of David Moyes, Giggs assumed the head coaching role for the Reds on interim basis. However, despite the uncertainty of his position, the Manchester United legend said his goal is to revive the spirit of teamwork within the most storied football franchise in England.
"It is going to be my philosophy," he told his first news conference in charge. "It's going to be Manchester United's philosophy because I have been here all my career. I want the players to play with passion, tempo, be brave, imagination, all the things I expect of a Manchester United player. Work hard, but most of all enjoy it. As a player I know if I am enjoying the game, I can express myself more."
"I think everyone shares responsibility," he explained. "You win together and you lose together. Everyone involved this season hasn't been to the standards of Manchester United. It's as simple as that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them
- Top 5 NBA Teams With The Highest Payroll In The 2014-2015 Season
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym