Tim Howard Plans To End Career with Everton
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:52 PM EST
United States goaltender Tim Howard believed he's going to play the remainder of his football career with Everton.
The 35-year old Howard said he will finish his current contract with Everton, which expires at the end of the 2017-18 season. The American goaltender said that he has no plan to play into his 40s, but he's interested to be a color commentator or a front office executive for the team
"I'll be on a beach somewhere when I'm 40," Howard told ESPNFC.com in a phone interview on Friday. "I would pretty much take that to the bank that I won't be playing past 40. There are other things I want to achieve in life, other things that I want to do."
Roberto Martinez is confident Howard will be a factor between the posts for Everton until the end of the contract.
"He is a fit man and at the peak of his powers," Roberto Martinez said when the deal was announced on April 17. "I know he will play on beyond 40."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles