Tim Howard Plans To End Career with Everton
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:52 PM EST
United States goaltender Tim Howard believed he's going to play the remainder of his football career with Everton.
The 35-year old Howard said he will finish his current contract with Everton, which expires at the end of the 2017-18 season. The American goaltender said that he has no plan to play into his 40s, but he's interested to be a color commentator or a front office executive for the team
"I'll be on a beach somewhere when I'm 40," Howard told ESPNFC.com in a phone interview on Friday. "I would pretty much take that to the bank that I won't be playing past 40. There are other things I want to achieve in life, other things that I want to do."
Roberto Martinez is confident Howard will be a factor between the posts for Everton until the end of the contract.
"He is a fit man and at the peak of his powers," Roberto Martinez said when the deal was announced on April 17. "I know he will play on beyond 40."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'