Pep Guardiola: Munich Hired Me To Employ Tika-Taka
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:52 PM EST
Manager Pep Guardiola responded to criticism that Bayern Munich has become too obsessed executing with their tiki-taka sets right after their 1-0 loss at Real Madrid in the first leg of their Champions League tie.
Munich, who eventually lost to Real Madrid 5-0 in their semis clash, hired Guardiola to employ tika-taka system with the German powerhouse.
"I know that my philosophy is different from the typical German one," he told reporters on Friday according to Real GM. "But Bayern wanted me because of my style.
"I've won a titles here too now - we won the Bundesliga in March, for example - so I believe that we are not so bad.
"We must keep the passion we offered in Madrid. We have to react, though, as we are 1-0 behind. We need to attack more and I need to find a balance between my ideas and the footballing culture in Germany."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions