Pep Guardiola: Munich Hired Me To Employ Tika-Taka
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:52 PM EST
Manager Pep Guardiola responded to criticism that Bayern Munich has become too obsessed executing with their tiki-taka sets right after their 1-0 loss at Real Madrid in the first leg of their Champions League tie.
Munich, who eventually lost to Real Madrid 5-0 in their semis clash, hired Guardiola to employ tika-taka system with the German powerhouse.
"I know that my philosophy is different from the typical German one," he told reporters on Friday according to Real GM. "But Bayern wanted me because of my style.
"I've won a titles here too now - we won the Bundesliga in March, for example - so I believe that we are not so bad.
"We must keep the passion we offered in Madrid. We have to react, though, as we are 1-0 behind. We need to attack more and I need to find a balance between my ideas and the footballing culture in Germany."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How