Manchester United Defender Rio Ferdinand Might Play in Foreign Land Next Season
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:50 PM EST
Longtime Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand is considering the possibility of leaving the Reds for a chance to play in foreign land, the Man City legend told Jamie Jackson of the Guardian.
Ferdinand, who played for the Reds since he arrived in 2002, will consider offers from multiple teams - including Al Gharafa, Los Angeles Galaxy, Besiktas and Galatasaray.
However, Ferdinand insisted that he still loves to play more seasons for Manchester United, which has option to extend his deal by one more year.
"But that's down to us as players. We take responsibility for that as much as anyone else. We are where we are and we have to take some responsibility for that. We are not shirkers and we are not people who don't take responsibility. I don't think you get to where we have got to in our careers without taking responsibility and this is no different."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar