Manchester United Defender Rio Ferdinand Might Play in Foreign Land Next Season
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:50 PM EST
Longtime Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand is considering the possibility of leaving the Reds for a chance to play in foreign land, the Man City legend told Jamie Jackson of the Guardian.
Ferdinand, who played for the Reds since he arrived in 2002, will consider offers from multiple teams - including Al Gharafa, Los Angeles Galaxy, Besiktas and Galatasaray.
However, Ferdinand insisted that he still loves to play more seasons for Manchester United, which has option to extend his deal by one more year.
"But that's down to us as players. We take responsibility for that as much as anyone else. We are where we are and we have to take some responsibility for that. We are not shirkers and we are not people who don't take responsibility. I don't think you get to where we have got to in our careers without taking responsibility and this is no different."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales