Manchester United Defender Rio Ferdinand Might Play in Foreign Land Next Season
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:50 PM EST
Longtime Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand is considering the possibility of leaving the Reds for a chance to play in foreign land, the Man City legend told Jamie Jackson of the Guardian.
Ferdinand, who played for the Reds since he arrived in 2002, will consider offers from multiple teams - including Al Gharafa, Los Angeles Galaxy, Besiktas and Galatasaray.
However, Ferdinand insisted that he still loves to play more seasons for Manchester United, which has option to extend his deal by one more year.
"But that's down to us as players. We take responsibility for that as much as anyone else. We are where we are and we have to take some responsibility for that. We are not shirkers and we are not people who don't take responsibility. I don't think you get to where we have got to in our careers without taking responsibility and this is no different."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date