Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Facelift Spyshots Hit the Web; Speculated Launch ,Feature Details
By greeshma m | April 30, 2014 7:49 PM EST
The spy images of the purported Maruti Alto K10 facelift has emerged on the cyberspace, spearheading the rumours of a new Maruti offering in the country.
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Facelift Spyshots Hit the Web
The images of Maruti's alleged Alto K10 facelift has been posted by the folks at Motorbash, who caught the car on test along with another Maruti car. Although the car was seen camouflaged, report suggests that the Maruti's Alto K10 facelift shares lots of similarities with the company' much acclaimed models Celerio and Alto 800. The report also gives a sneak peek into the changes accommodated by the Maruti's upcoming car.
Under the hood, the car is likely to pack 998cc 3 pot motor of the Celelrio, which can churn out 68 PS of max power and 90 Nm of torque. The vehicle is expected to feature larger and more stylish swept-back headlamps, new engine grille with chrome outline, reworked front bumper and the new rounded bonnet. Maruti is reportedly looking to launch the new facelift around the festival season this year.
Maruti is also said to be working on the diesel version of Celerio for India. Earlier reports claimed that Maruti's diesel engine will be first tested in the company's upcoming LCV, codenamed Y9T. The LCV launch will be followed by the diesel Celerio in this fiscal year.
Currently, Maruti sells Celerio with a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. It is offered in six variants in the country - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission - and promises a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers for both versions. The car has been riding high in the domestic market since its launch. Seeing the success of Celerio in the country; Maruti is also planning Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) for its WagonR and Alto K10 in India.
Image credit: Maruti Suzuki
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan