Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Facelift Spyshots Hit the Web; Speculated Launch ,Feature Details
By greeshma m | April 30, 2014 7:49 PM EST
The spy images of the purported Maruti Alto K10 facelift has emerged on the cyberspace, spearheading the rumours of a new Maruti offering in the country.
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Facelift Spyshots Hit the Web
The images of Maruti's alleged Alto K10 facelift has been posted by the folks at Motorbash, who caught the car on test along with another Maruti car. Although the car was seen camouflaged, report suggests that the Maruti's Alto K10 facelift shares lots of similarities with the company' much acclaimed models Celerio and Alto 800. The report also gives a sneak peek into the changes accommodated by the Maruti's upcoming car.
Under the hood, the car is likely to pack 998cc 3 pot motor of the Celelrio, which can churn out 68 PS of max power and 90 Nm of torque. The vehicle is expected to feature larger and more stylish swept-back headlamps, new engine grille with chrome outline, reworked front bumper and the new rounded bonnet. Maruti is reportedly looking to launch the new facelift around the festival season this year.
Maruti is also said to be working on the diesel version of Celerio for India. Earlier reports claimed that Maruti's diesel engine will be first tested in the company's upcoming LCV, codenamed Y9T. The LCV launch will be followed by the diesel Celerio in this fiscal year.
Currently, Maruti sells Celerio with a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. It is offered in six variants in the country - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission - and promises a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers for both versions. The car has been riding high in the domestic market since its launch. Seeing the success of Celerio in the country; Maruti is also planning Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) for its WagonR and Alto K10 in India.
Image credit: Maruti Suzuki
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build