Neymar: We Are All Monkeys
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:49 PM EST
Brazilian goal-scorer Neymar started an anti-racism campaign in response to the incident happened in Barcelona's 3-2 win at Villareal.
Neymar used the social media to kick off his 'we are all monkeys' campaign after a banana was thrown to Barcelona teammate Dani Alves in the match.
"We are all equal, we are all monkeys, say no to racism," he wrote on the social media site, accompanied with the hashtag #weareallmonkeys.
"It's a shame that there's such prejudice in 2014. It's time for people to raise their voices. My way of expressing my support is to do what Dani Alves did.
"If you think so too, take a picture of yourself eating a banana and we will use what they have against us to our advantage."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James