LFP Acquits Barcelona For Breaching Rules in Neymar Transfer
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:48 PM EST
The Liga de Futbol Profesional (LFP) has cleared Barcelona of any violations of the rules in the signing of Neymar last year, the organization announced on Tuesday.
"FC Barcelona wish to express their satisfaction at the resolution of the Economic Control Committee of the Lliga Nacional de Futbol Professional (LFP) that there is no existence of any irregular conduct committed by FC Barcelona in the signing of Neymar Jr. The committee met last Wednesday, April 23rd and its decision was published last Friday.
"According to the committee: "in view of the appeal made to the LFP by FC Barcelona (...), there is no evidence of any irregular conduct committed by the club which would have infringed the rules and regulations of the LFP. As a result of this, no further action in this matter will be taken."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy