LFP Acquits Barcelona For Breaching Rules in Neymar Transfer
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:48 PM EST
The Liga de Futbol Profesional (LFP) has cleared Barcelona of any violations of the rules in the signing of Neymar last year, the organization announced on Tuesday.
"FC Barcelona wish to express their satisfaction at the resolution of the Economic Control Committee of the Lliga Nacional de Futbol Professional (LFP) that there is no existence of any irregular conduct committed by FC Barcelona in the signing of Neymar Jr. The committee met last Wednesday, April 23rd and its decision was published last Friday.
"According to the committee: "in view of the appeal made to the LFP by FC Barcelona (...), there is no evidence of any irregular conduct committed by the club which would have infringed the rules and regulations of the LFP. As a result of this, no further action in this matter will be taken."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination