LFP Acquits Barcelona For Breaching Rules in Neymar Transfer
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:48 PM EST
The Liga de Futbol Profesional (LFP) has cleared Barcelona of any violations of the rules in the signing of Neymar last year, the organization announced on Tuesday.
"FC Barcelona wish to express their satisfaction at the resolution of the Economic Control Committee of the Lliga Nacional de Futbol Professional (LFP) that there is no existence of any irregular conduct committed by FC Barcelona in the signing of Neymar Jr. The committee met last Wednesday, April 23rd and its decision was published last Friday.
"According to the committee: "in view of the appeal made to the LFP by FC Barcelona (...), there is no evidence of any irregular conduct committed by the club which would have infringed the rules and regulations of the LFP. As a result of this, no further action in this matter will be taken."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected