LFP Acquits Barcelona For Breaching Rules in Neymar Transfer
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:48 PM EST
The Liga de Futbol Profesional (LFP) has cleared Barcelona of any violations of the rules in the signing of Neymar last year, the organization announced on Tuesday.
"FC Barcelona wish to express their satisfaction at the resolution of the Economic Control Committee of the Lliga Nacional de Futbol Professional (LFP) that there is no existence of any irregular conduct committed by FC Barcelona in the signing of Neymar Jr. The committee met last Wednesday, April 23rd and its decision was published last Friday.
"According to the committee: "in view of the appeal made to the LFP by FC Barcelona (...), there is no evidence of any irregular conduct committed by the club which would have infringed the rules and regulations of the LFP. As a result of this, no further action in this matter will be taken."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier