Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain Violated UEFA's Financial Fair Play Rules
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:47 PM EST
English powerhouse Manchester City and French giant Paris Saint-Germain have been discovered violating the UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules, a BBC News reported.
The UEFA's club financial control board already presented settlement offers to these ball clubs on Thursday. Man City and PSG have now to decide if they are going to accept the offered sanctions or ask to negotiate a lesser punishment, which could be a reprimand to a fine or European squad restrictions next term.
Despite the possible sanctions, UEFA won't be banning the two ballclubs from the Champions League tournament next year.
"What I think is going to happen are measures over Champions League squads next season," says BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent Richard Conway via Real GM.
"Perhaps a salary cap or limiting the number of eligible players in the squads, perhaps even making a new signings ineligible for the Champions League squad next year."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies