Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain Violated UEFA's Financial Fair Play Rules
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:47 PM EST
English powerhouse Manchester City and French giant Paris Saint-Germain have been discovered violating the UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules, a BBC News reported.
The UEFA's club financial control board already presented settlement offers to these ball clubs on Thursday. Man City and PSG have now to decide if they are going to accept the offered sanctions or ask to negotiate a lesser punishment, which could be a reprimand to a fine or European squad restrictions next term.
Despite the possible sanctions, UEFA won't be banning the two ballclubs from the Champions League tournament next year.
"What I think is going to happen are measures over Champions League squads next season," says BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent Richard Conway via Real GM.
"Perhaps a salary cap or limiting the number of eligible players in the squads, perhaps even making a new signings ineligible for the Champions League squad next year."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June