Walcott Likely To Miss Beginning Of Arsenal's 14-15 Season
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 7:46 PM EST
Arsenal's goal scorer Theo Walcott said his knee rehabilitation is progressing well, but he's not ruling out the possibility of losing the 2014-15 season, the English football star said in an interview with ESPN FC.
Walcott suffered a ruptured ACL in his left knee last January, preventing him to participate Arsenal's season campaign and the World Cup for England.
"I want to be back quickly, of course -- but safely, too," Walcott told ESPN FC. "I want to try and be back for the early part of next season. That is the goal, so there will be a lot of hard work throughout the summer and during the World Cup.
"It has nearly been four months now, and my recovery has been on track so far. At the moment I'm working on muscle strength and building muscle in my quad.
"I don't see any point in being down in the dumps about the injury because it has already happened -- and there are a lot of people with worse problems in the world."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation