Maruti Suzuki to Continue Discount Offerings in India
By greeshma m | April 30, 2014 6:57 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki Banks on Post-election Boost after Q4 Profit Drops 36 Percent
Though the other auto majors in India are mulling over a price hike for their vehicle in the country, Maruti said that it will not think of a price hike unless the auto market sentiments see a change.
"We offered a discount of ₹17,500 on an average across models in the fourth quarter (ended 31 March). Discounts are going to remain unless the market condition improves," Maruti Suzuki India Chief Financial Officer Ajay Seth told PTI, reported NDTV.
In India, the automobile industry has been witnessing paltry sales over the past couple of months and the market condition continues to remain the same, despite the rigorous attempts made by the auto makers. The excise duty reduction announced in the interim budget also did not boost up the sales of the vehicles in the country. Beside the poor sales of the vehicles, auto makers in the country are also battling the currency flux.
Currently, Maruti is offering a discount of ₹50,500 for Swift diesel and ₹43,000 for Swift Dzire, according to AutoCar India report. Maruti's other models - Celerio, Alto, SX4, Omni, WagonR, Ritz, Ertiga and Alto K1 - are also enjoying the benefit of price cut, ranging from ₹11,500to ₹91,500.
In March, Maruti had posted 5.5 percent decline in total sales to 1,13,350 units, as against the 1,19,937 units in the corresponding month last year.
The domestic sales of the company witnessed a dip by 5.2 percent in the month of March 2014, as against 1,07,890 units in March 2013. The export of the company also declined by eight percent to 11,081 units in March, against 12,047 units in the corresponding month last year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date