MH370 Sighted in Maldives Island: Residents Claim They Saw the Plane 'Flying Very Low'
By Sonalee singh | April 30, 2014 6:39 PM EST
In the new MH370 update, the news has surfaced saying the residents living in a remote Island of Maldives may have seen the missing aircraft.
Reportedly, the residents of remote Island of Kuda Huvadhoo were awaken hearing the sound of an engine on March 8. One of the residents shared to HaveeruOnline via Mirror.co.uk, "I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.
"It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise."
Flight MH370 was carrying 227 passenger and 12 crewmembers. It went missing within a few hours of jetting out in the sky in March, traveling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
Various search operations are on to find the Maysian aircraft. It was being recently claimed by a private Australian marine exploration firm that the MH370 wreckage could be present in the deep waters of Bay Bengal.
"The wreckage wasn't there prior to the disappearance of MH370. We're not trying to say it definitely is MH370. However, it is a lead we feel should be followed up," David Pope, company spokesman revealed to Indian Express.
According to the company, the location of the claimed wreckage is 5000 kilometers away from the current search area. Regarding the new claim, Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said China and Australia were aware of the possible wreckage in Bay of Bengal
"Malaysia is working with its international partners to assess the credibility of this information," a statement from his office said. Since MH370 has gone missing, various theories and claims have come to fore. From alien abduction to being held in Diego Garcia, a lot is being said.
But the truth is there is no confirmation as to where did MH370 disappear.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Asia Has World’s Best & Worst Airports 2014 [Complete Lists]
- World’s Worst Tourist Destinations
- Gwyneth Paltrow To Attend Tasmania’s Tourism Event
- Tasmania Ranks No. 4 In Lonely Planet’s 'Top 10 Regions In The World To Visit In 2015' List
- MH370 Oct 23 Update: Public Reports Debris Washed Up In Australian Coastline
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop