MH370 Sighted in Maldives Island: Residents Claim They Saw the Plane 'Flying Very Low'
By Sonalee singh | April 30, 2014 6:39 PM EST
In the new MH370 update, the news has surfaced saying the residents living in a remote Island of Maldives may have seen the missing aircraft.
Reportedly, the residents of remote Island of Kuda Huvadhoo were awaken hearing the sound of an engine on March 8. One of the residents shared to HaveeruOnline via Mirror.co.uk, "I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.
"It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise."
Flight MH370 was carrying 227 passenger and 12 crewmembers. It went missing within a few hours of jetting out in the sky in March, traveling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
Various search operations are on to find the Maysian aircraft. It was being recently claimed by a private Australian marine exploration firm that the MH370 wreckage could be present in the deep waters of Bay Bengal.
"The wreckage wasn't there prior to the disappearance of MH370. We're not trying to say it definitely is MH370. However, it is a lead we feel should be followed up," David Pope, company spokesman revealed to Indian Express.
According to the company, the location of the claimed wreckage is 5000 kilometers away from the current search area. Regarding the new claim, Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said China and Australia were aware of the possible wreckage in Bay of Bengal
"Malaysia is working with its international partners to assess the credibility of this information," a statement from his office said. Since MH370 has gone missing, various theories and claims have come to fore. From alien abduction to being held in Diego Garcia, a lot is being said.
But the truth is there is no confirmation as to where did MH370 disappear.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Hotel Bikini Berlin’s Toilet Exposes Guests as They Do Their Thing
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Eighty Dead Bodies Still Scattered around MH17 Crash Site, Australia Says
- Haiti, a Destination Only for the Brave Ones
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools