MH370 Sighted in Maldives Island: Residents Claim They Saw the Plane 'Flying Very Low'
By Sonalee singh | April 30, 2014 6:39 PM EST
In the new MH370 update, the news has surfaced saying the residents living in a remote Island of Maldives may have seen the missing aircraft.
Reportedly, the residents of remote Island of Kuda Huvadhoo were awaken hearing the sound of an engine on March 8. One of the residents shared to HaveeruOnline via Mirror.co.uk, "I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.
"It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise."
Flight MH370 was carrying 227 passenger and 12 crewmembers. It went missing within a few hours of jetting out in the sky in March, traveling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
Various search operations are on to find the Maysian aircraft. It was being recently claimed by a private Australian marine exploration firm that the MH370 wreckage could be present in the deep waters of Bay Bengal.
"The wreckage wasn't there prior to the disappearance of MH370. We're not trying to say it definitely is MH370. However, it is a lead we feel should be followed up," David Pope, company spokesman revealed to Indian Express.
According to the company, the location of the claimed wreckage is 5000 kilometers away from the current search area. Regarding the new claim, Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said China and Australia were aware of the possible wreckage in Bay of Bengal
"Malaysia is working with its international partners to assess the credibility of this information," a statement from his office said. Since MH370 has gone missing, various theories and claims have come to fore. From alien abduction to being held in Diego Garcia, a lot is being said.
But the truth is there is no confirmation as to where did MH370 disappear.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Travel Alert: Australia Mulls To Review Airport Security Policy, Could Allow Scissors, Metal Cutlery Back In Planes
- MH370 Search Update: Airlines Chief Tim Clark Suggests The Possibility Of Information Being Kept Secret By Authorities -- Report
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- 'The Hunger Games Mockingjay – Part 1' Banned, Protesters Use Three-fingered Salute In Real Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies