MH370 Sighted in Maldives Island: Residents Claim They Saw the Plane 'Flying Very Low'
By Sonalee singh | April 30, 2014 6:39 PM EST
In the new MH370 update, the news has surfaced saying the residents living in a remote Island of Maldives may have seen the missing aircraft.
Reportedly, the residents of remote Island of Kuda Huvadhoo were awaken hearing the sound of an engine on March 8. One of the residents shared to HaveeruOnline via Mirror.co.uk, "I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.
"It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise."
Flight MH370 was carrying 227 passenger and 12 crewmembers. It went missing within a few hours of jetting out in the sky in March, traveling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
Various search operations are on to find the Maysian aircraft. It was being recently claimed by a private Australian marine exploration firm that the MH370 wreckage could be present in the deep waters of Bay Bengal.
"The wreckage wasn't there prior to the disappearance of MH370. We're not trying to say it definitely is MH370. However, it is a lead we feel should be followed up," David Pope, company spokesman revealed to Indian Express.
According to the company, the location of the claimed wreckage is 5000 kilometers away from the current search area. Regarding the new claim, Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said China and Australia were aware of the possible wreckage in Bay of Bengal
"Malaysia is working with its international partners to assess the credibility of this information," a statement from his office said. Since MH370 has gone missing, various theories and claims have come to fore. From alien abduction to being held in Diego Garcia, a lot is being said.
But the truth is there is no confirmation as to where did MH370 disappear.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate