“Maleficent” Star Angelina Jolie Still Contacts Billy Bob, Marriage Trouble with Brad Pit?
By Maychelle Ornos | April 30, 2014 6:01 PM EST
"Maleficent" star Angelina Jolie and her ex-husband Billy Bob Thornton remains friends and "constantly checks in" with each other according to Entertainmentwise. It can be remembered that the two had some flames back in the 90s but the same ended in divorce in 2002.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett
"We check in on each other all the time," the 58-year-old Thornton revealed during his interview with YourTango when asked they are still friends. "She makes sure I'm doing okay. I make sure she's doing okay," he added apparently insinuating that he is still protective of his ex despite her engagement to hunk actor Brad Pitt.
The "Bad Santa" actor also thinks of Angie as "amazing" with "so much energy and so much goodness in her." Judging from his words it appears that there is no more bad blood between these two former love birds.
Besides his words of praises for Angie, Bill Bob has been honest enough to tell the world that he was the reason why their marriage ended according to Village Voice. "The reason Angie and I split up was because I couldn't take it. I felt that she was definitely too good for me," he previously admitted.
In "The Billy Bob Tapes: A Cave Full of Ghosts," a book he co-authored with Kinky Friedman, he made a lot more revelations as to his divorce with the soon-to-be Mrs. Pitt. He also admitted that despite their separation Angie never judged him for his failures. "She and I both messed it up, but the good thing about her is, she doesn't judge me-never did."
While Angie's ex has been so vocal about his separation with the 36-year-old "Maleficent" star, Jolie herself maintained her silence on the matter. Perhaps she is too busy preparing for her upcoming wedding to her "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" co-star?
Meanwhile, in 2012 Billy Bob's first wife exposed the reason for the Angie-Billy split. "I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he did not want to be around children back then," Melissa deBin-Parish a.k.a Melissa Lee Gatlin told UK Daily Mail. "He wanted to remain a free agent," Billy's former wife revealed.
Since his divorce with Brad Pitt's soon-to-be-wife, Billy has been dating several women. Among them is Connie Angland.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate