“Maleficent” Star Angelina Jolie Still Contacts Billy Bob, Marriage Trouble with Brad Pit?
By Maychelle Ornos | April 30, 2014 6:01 PM EST
"Maleficent" star Angelina Jolie and her ex-husband Billy Bob Thornton remains friends and "constantly checks in" with each other according to Entertainmentwise. It can be remembered that the two had some flames back in the 90s but the same ended in divorce in 2002.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett
"We check in on each other all the time," the 58-year-old Thornton revealed during his interview with YourTango when asked they are still friends. "She makes sure I'm doing okay. I make sure she's doing okay," he added apparently insinuating that he is still protective of his ex despite her engagement to hunk actor Brad Pitt.
The "Bad Santa" actor also thinks of Angie as "amazing" with "so much energy and so much goodness in her." Judging from his words it appears that there is no more bad blood between these two former love birds.
Besides his words of praises for Angie, Bill Bob has been honest enough to tell the world that he was the reason why their marriage ended according to Village Voice. "The reason Angie and I split up was because I couldn't take it. I felt that she was definitely too good for me," he previously admitted.
In "The Billy Bob Tapes: A Cave Full of Ghosts," a book he co-authored with Kinky Friedman, he made a lot more revelations as to his divorce with the soon-to-be Mrs. Pitt. He also admitted that despite their separation Angie never judged him for his failures. "She and I both messed it up, but the good thing about her is, she doesn't judge me-never did."
While Angie's ex has been so vocal about his separation with the 36-year-old "Maleficent" star, Jolie herself maintained her silence on the matter. Perhaps she is too busy preparing for her upcoming wedding to her "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" co-star?
Meanwhile, in 2012 Billy Bob's first wife exposed the reason for the Angie-Billy split. "I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he did not want to be around children back then," Melissa deBin-Parish a.k.a Melissa Lee Gatlin told UK Daily Mail. "He wanted to remain a free agent," Billy's former wife revealed.
Since his divorce with Brad Pitt's soon-to-be-wife, Billy has been dating several women. Among them is Connie Angland.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown