“Maleficent” Star Angelina Jolie Still Contacts Billy Bob, Marriage Trouble with Brad Pit?
By Maychelle Ornos | April 30, 2014 6:01 PM EST
"Maleficent" star Angelina Jolie and her ex-husband Billy Bob Thornton remains friends and "constantly checks in" with each other according to Entertainmentwise. It can be remembered that the two had some flames back in the 90s but the same ended in divorce in 2002.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett
"We check in on each other all the time," the 58-year-old Thornton revealed during his interview with YourTango when asked they are still friends. "She makes sure I'm doing okay. I make sure she's doing okay," he added apparently insinuating that he is still protective of his ex despite her engagement to hunk actor Brad Pitt.
The "Bad Santa" actor also thinks of Angie as "amazing" with "so much energy and so much goodness in her." Judging from his words it appears that there is no more bad blood between these two former love birds.
Besides his words of praises for Angie, Bill Bob has been honest enough to tell the world that he was the reason why their marriage ended according to Village Voice. "The reason Angie and I split up was because I couldn't take it. I felt that she was definitely too good for me," he previously admitted.
In "The Billy Bob Tapes: A Cave Full of Ghosts," a book he co-authored with Kinky Friedman, he made a lot more revelations as to his divorce with the soon-to-be Mrs. Pitt. He also admitted that despite their separation Angie never judged him for his failures. "She and I both messed it up, but the good thing about her is, she doesn't judge me-never did."
While Angie's ex has been so vocal about his separation with the 36-year-old "Maleficent" star, Jolie herself maintained her silence on the matter. Perhaps she is too busy preparing for her upcoming wedding to her "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" co-star?
Meanwhile, in 2012 Billy Bob's first wife exposed the reason for the Angie-Billy split. "I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he did not want to be around children back then," Melissa deBin-Parish a.k.a Melissa Lee Gatlin told UK Daily Mail. "He wanted to remain a free agent," Billy's former wife revealed.
Since his divorce with Brad Pitt's soon-to-be-wife, Billy has been dating several women. Among them is Connie Angland.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report