“Maleficent” Star Angelina Jolie Still Contacts Billy Bob, Marriage Trouble with Brad Pit?
By Maychelle Ornos | April 30, 2014 6:01 PM EST
"Maleficent" star Angelina Jolie and her ex-husband Billy Bob Thornton remains friends and "constantly checks in" with each other according to Entertainmentwise. It can be remembered that the two had some flames back in the 90s but the same ended in divorce in 2002.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett
"We check in on each other all the time," the 58-year-old Thornton revealed during his interview with YourTango when asked they are still friends. "She makes sure I'm doing okay. I make sure she's doing okay," he added apparently insinuating that he is still protective of his ex despite her engagement to hunk actor Brad Pitt.
The "Bad Santa" actor also thinks of Angie as "amazing" with "so much energy and so much goodness in her." Judging from his words it appears that there is no more bad blood between these two former love birds.
Besides his words of praises for Angie, Bill Bob has been honest enough to tell the world that he was the reason why their marriage ended according to Village Voice. "The reason Angie and I split up was because I couldn't take it. I felt that she was definitely too good for me," he previously admitted.
In "The Billy Bob Tapes: A Cave Full of Ghosts," a book he co-authored with Kinky Friedman, he made a lot more revelations as to his divorce with the soon-to-be Mrs. Pitt. He also admitted that despite their separation Angie never judged him for his failures. "She and I both messed it up, but the good thing about her is, she doesn't judge me-never did."
While Angie's ex has been so vocal about his separation with the 36-year-old "Maleficent" star, Jolie herself maintained her silence on the matter. Perhaps she is too busy preparing for her upcoming wedding to her "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" co-star?
Meanwhile, in 2012 Billy Bob's first wife exposed the reason for the Angie-Billy split. "I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he did not want to be around children back then," Melissa deBin-Parish a.k.a Melissa Lee Gatlin told UK Daily Mail. "He wanted to remain a free agent," Billy's former wife revealed.
Since his divorce with Brad Pitt's soon-to-be-wife, Billy has been dating several women. Among them is Connie Angland.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists