Top Features of Apple iOS 7.1.1: Keyboard, Touch ID and More
By Precious Silva | April 30, 2014 6:01 PM EST
Apple just released the iOS 7.1.1 last April 22. The iOS update intends to address a number of bugs as well as problems affecting keyboard responsiveness. The iOS 7.1.1 also introduced enhancements to the Touch ID fingerprint sensor found on the iPhone 5s. Users can download the update for their iPhone or iPad.
Craig Federighi, Senior VP of Software Engineering at Apple Inc talks about the A7 chip during Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013. REUTERS/Stephen Lam
Those who wish to use the iOS 7.1.1 can get the firmware via the Software Update under the Settings section of their iOS device. According to the documentation released by Apple, the firmware update offers "improvements, bug fixes and security updates." Apple also claimed that owners of iPhone 5s can check additional improvements in the Touch ID fingerprint sensor following installation. This has been a practice for the company since the introduction of the device in the previous year.
The iOS 7.1.1 update further solves issues related to Bluetooth keyboards. Users can now fix keyboard connectivity while VoiceOver enabled. The newest update from Apple follows the launch of the iOS 7.1 in March. This is a considerable improvement especially with the number of problems addressed.
Many users have been complaining about performance and other issues about the iOS 7 since its debut in the fall of last year. When Apple released the iOS 7.1 update, iPhone and iPad users were able to address a range of crash-related issues. Previously, iOS devices crashed when users browse using Safari or when they access the multitasking view function.
The iOS 7.1 update also introduced Touch ID and Siri enhancements. It set the stage for Apple's release of the CarPlay. The operating system will support vehicle use. Analysts predict Apple will provide more information on this later this year.
However, despite the range of improvement brought by the update, it appears iOS 7.1.1 did not offer improvements on battery life. According to a report by Softpedia, there are barely reports or users claiming they experienced better battery life with the new update. Users still experiencing battery drain following update may choose to change their device or reach out to Apple to fix the problem.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3