Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Specifications Leak; Features 2.2GHz Snapdragon 800 Series CPU
By Rohit KVN | April 30, 2014 5:51 PM EST
It's been just a little over two months since the Sony launched the Xperia Z2 at MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2014, Barcelona. Now the company is reportedly set to debut the compact model of the flagship phone.
A Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone (L) and a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet are displayed at the company's stand during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 24, 2014. The congress is the wireless industry's largest annual conference and runs February 24-27, 2014. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino
Japanese technology blog, ATRPG has gotten hold of the alleged brochure of the network carrier, NTT Docomo containing the yet-to-be released Xperia A2 (code-named SO-04F aka Altair), which is believed to be the mini version of Xperia Z2.
In the document, the new Xperia mini marquee phone is shown to feature 128×65×9.6mm dimensions having 4.3-inch HD (720x1280p) display, whereas under the hood, it packs 2.3GHz Snapdragon processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB inbuilt storage and is said to come in four color variants - Orange, Lavender, Grey Black and White.
Going by the report, the new phone has no upgrades over its predecessor. Many expected Xperia Z2 Compact to feature high-end specifications like 3GB RAM, faster Snapdragon 801 series CPU as seen in its elder flagship model Xperia Z2.
Predecessor, Xperia Z1 Compact had identical internal specifications housed in Xperia Z1 sans the screen size making it the true mini flagship phone in the market compared to rivals like Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and HTC One Mini which boasted sub-par specifications.
As there is no proof to authenticate the ATRPG report, it's too soon to assume leaked document to turn out be true. We just have to wait until the company makes the Xperia Z2 Compact public.
Word on the street is that Xperia Z2 Compact is slated to get launched in June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family