Naya Rivera Not Out of 'Glee,' Naya's Representative Puts an End To 'Untrue' Rumors
By nidhi tewari | April 30, 2014 5:44 PM EST
Naya Rivera has not been ousted by "Glee" it has been confirmed. Yes, you heard it right. She is very much the part of the Fox musical as of now. Rumour mills have been churning out the news since quite some time now that the actress has been fired from the musical soap opera because of her diva behavior. However Naya's representative has released an official statement to put an end to this mess.
Cast member Naya Rivera attends the the 100th episode celebration of Glee in West Hollywood, California, March 18, 2014.
"Any reports or rumors circulating that Naya Rivera was let go or fired from "Glee" are absolutely untrue. End of story," Naya's representative said in a statement, according to Perezhilton.com.
There was speculation in the media that the 27-year-old, who plays the role of Santana in "Glee," has been fired from the show's fifth season because she had a feud with co-star Lea Michelle. PopWrapped owner Zachary Jaydon confirmed the news on Twitter.
New York's Daily News and E! both reported on Tuesday that Rivera would not be a part of "Glee's" May 13 season finale. However, the rumors are not true and Jaydon has now also confirmed the same news as not being true too!
"Sources close to Glee's production have also DEBUNKED rumors that Lea Michele was responsible for the decision to end Naya's run on the show," Zachary wrote on Twitter.
There have been reports in the media that Naya was not very comfortable with Lea Michele stealing the limelight and being considered as show's main star. She even allegedly had a tiff with her producers over the issue.
"Naya is jealous that Lea is the show's main star. There is a lot of sighing and eye-rolling between them. They talk behind each other's backs - a lot," a source close to the stars told Daily Mail.
Lea Michelle on the other hand has been quite open about the issues surfacing on "Glee" in her interviews and says it is not her who is the diva on the sets.
"I am a very outspoken person, and if something makes me uncomfortable, you will know it. I can assure that [diva rumours] aren't real. It's super frustrating sometimes, but now I feel like, "You can think what you want to think about me - that's okay,"' Lea told We Love Pop magazine in her previous interview, according to Daily Mail.
Whether Naya has really been fired from "Glee" or not only time will tell. As of now, the news has just been trashed as "false" and she is very much the part of the Fox musical.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date