Real Madrid News: Attacker Reveals Reason Behind Madrid Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 30, 2014 5:40 PM EST
Real Madrid attacker Gareth Bale was delighted after his club advanced to the finals of this year's Champions League at Bayern Munich's expense, and believes that a move to the Bernabeu was worth it.
Real Madrid's Ronaldo celebrates with Bale after scoring against Bayern Munich in Champion's League semi-final second leg soccer match in Munich
"This is why I came to the biggest club in the world - to win trophies and play in massive games," Bale told ITV.
"It's a fantastic result for us. We've been working hard, got our tactics right and deserved the win."
The former Tottenham man, who dished out an assist for Cristiano Ronaldo's first goal, disclosed that it was a total team effort that gave them the second-leg 4-0 victory.
"They always leave space on the counter-attack, which we like because we have quick players and were able to exploit that," he revealed.
"Everybody put in 100% - no matter who it was they put in a performance."
The Los Blancos left the attack-oriented Bavarians goalless in both meetings as they were able to secure a 1-0 victory during the first-leg.
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider