‘MH370 in Bay of Bengal’ Claim Dismissed; Could the Plane be Near Bali?
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 30, 2014 5:18 PM EST
Search coordinators have dismissed the claim made by an Adelaide technology company that it may have found wreckage of MH370 in the Bay of Bengal.
'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 in Bay of Bengal' Claim has been Dismissed; Could the plane be near Bali? (Photo: Reuters)
The Australian exploration company has stated that it had begun its own search for the missing Boeing 777 on 10 March and that the possible wreckage of the missing plane was found in Bay of Bengal, some 5000 kms away from the current search location in the southern Indian Ocean off Perth.
GeoResonance's search involved the use of over 20 technologies to analyze the data including a nuclear reactor, the company had said. The exploration company compared their findings with images taken on 5 March, three days before MH370 disappeared, and did not find what they saw at the spot.
However, the Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) managing the multinational search for the missing plane said it continued to believe that the plane had come down somewhere in the southern Indian Ocean off Australia, Reuters reported.
The Bay of Bengal is located between India and Myanmar, thousands of miles away from the current search area. The massive international search currently underway near Australia is primarily based on the arcs drawn in accordance to the pings the UK Satellite company Inmarsat claimed was received from MH370 aircraft. The missing plane is believed to have gone down near any of the points on the southern arc that was drawn.
While GeoResonance has expressed surprise and disappointment by the lack of response from the various authorities; there is another claim made by an Australian businessman of a possible MH370 sighting over the Indian Ocean near Bali, which closely corresponds to the premise on which the current search is based.
In an exclusive e-mail conversation with International Business Times (India), 34-year-old Antonio Bongiovanni from Melbourne, said that while travelling from Melbourne to Bali, four days after MH370 went missing, he noticed what appeared to him like a "white shadow of a plane".
"During my travel from Melbourne to Bali on the 12th of March just flying low towards Denpasar (approx ½ hour out), I noticed a large white object under the water which appeared to me as a white shadow of a plane," Bongiovanni said.
Bongiovanni, in his email, included a snapshot of the exact location of his own plane when he saw the possible submerged aircraft in the ocean below. The exact point where he said he saw the aircraft in the waters below is very close to the starting point of the arc that extends towards the south, the location where the search coordinators believe the plane possibly went missing.
The Malaysian authority and the international search team have not yet reacted to the latest claim made by the Australian businessman of the possible MH370 sighting.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build