Rugby Update: Scott Fuglistaller Re-signs with Melbourne Rebels
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 30, 2014 5:01 PM EST
Openside flanker Scott Fuglistaller re-signed with Melbourne Rebels for an extension of two years.
The 27-year-old Fuglistaller upon signing the deal confirmed his berth in the club till the end of the 2016 season.
"I'm very happy to be extending my stay at the Rebels ... This club gave me a chance in Super Rugby and I feel like repaying the faith in them is the right thing to do ... My confidence has grown and I feel like, out of all of my years in rugby, I have learnt the most this year which is a real positive," Fuglistaller said.
Melbourne rebels coach Tony McGahan also gave a thumbs up to the re-signing.
"His leadership across the group has been fantastic and is certainly backed up by his on-field efforts," McGahan said.
The former Kiwi under-19 representative will be open for Wallabies selection after the end of the 2015 season as he has to complete the 36-month residency criteria.
Fuglistaller had made a brilliant debut in 2013 as he played every match in the season. He also won the Spirit of Weary Dunlop Award for his tremendous passion on the field.
Fuglistaller also topped the tackle count chart and finished in sixth position.
In 2014, the Kiwi had to miss only one match for injury, but played with equal spirit, to finally join the leadership group of the club.
The 101-kg Kiwi holds the perfect position as an openside flanker. He showed his formidable skills.
Scott Fuglistaller first played rugby for Francis Douglas Memorial College in New Plymouth. In his home, Scott made his debut in 2012 with the Highlanders.
Scott not only made his mark in the field. He also holds a degree in Human Resource from the University of Victoria in Wellington.
Scott is an avid free driver and lives next door to former Wellington Lions player Jason Woodward
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date