Rugby Update: Scott Fuglistaller Re-signs with Melbourne Rebels
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 30, 2014 5:01 PM EST
Openside flanker Scott Fuglistaller re-signed with Melbourne Rebels for an extension of two years.
The 27-year-old Fuglistaller upon signing the deal confirmed his berth in the club till the end of the 2016 season.
"I'm very happy to be extending my stay at the Rebels ... This club gave me a chance in Super Rugby and I feel like repaying the faith in them is the right thing to do ... My confidence has grown and I feel like, out of all of my years in rugby, I have learnt the most this year which is a real positive," Fuglistaller said.
Melbourne rebels coach Tony McGahan also gave a thumbs up to the re-signing.
"His leadership across the group has been fantastic and is certainly backed up by his on-field efforts," McGahan said.
The former Kiwi under-19 representative will be open for Wallabies selection after the end of the 2015 season as he has to complete the 36-month residency criteria.
Fuglistaller had made a brilliant debut in 2013 as he played every match in the season. He also won the Spirit of Weary Dunlop Award for his tremendous passion on the field.
Fuglistaller also topped the tackle count chart and finished in sixth position.
In 2014, the Kiwi had to miss only one match for injury, but played with equal spirit, to finally join the leadership group of the club.
The 101-kg Kiwi holds the perfect position as an openside flanker. He showed his formidable skills.
Scott Fuglistaller first played rugby for Francis Douglas Memorial College in New Plymouth. In his home, Scott made his debut in 2012 with the Highlanders.
Scott not only made his mark in the field. He also holds a degree in Human Resource from the University of Victoria in Wellington.
Scott is an avid free driver and lives next door to former Wellington Lions player Jason Woodward
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Roman Reigns Vs Randy Orton Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools