Rugby Update: Scott Fuglistaller Re-signs with Melbourne Rebels
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 30, 2014 5:01 PM EST
Openside flanker Scott Fuglistaller re-signed with Melbourne Rebels for an extension of two years.
The 27-year-old Fuglistaller upon signing the deal confirmed his berth in the club till the end of the 2016 season.
"I'm very happy to be extending my stay at the Rebels ... This club gave me a chance in Super Rugby and I feel like repaying the faith in them is the right thing to do ... My confidence has grown and I feel like, out of all of my years in rugby, I have learnt the most this year which is a real positive," Fuglistaller said.
Melbourne rebels coach Tony McGahan also gave a thumbs up to the re-signing.
"His leadership across the group has been fantastic and is certainly backed up by his on-field efforts," McGahan said.
The former Kiwi under-19 representative will be open for Wallabies selection after the end of the 2015 season as he has to complete the 36-month residency criteria.
Fuglistaller had made a brilliant debut in 2013 as he played every match in the season. He also won the Spirit of Weary Dunlop Award for his tremendous passion on the field.
Fuglistaller also topped the tackle count chart and finished in sixth position.
In 2014, the Kiwi had to miss only one match for injury, but played with equal spirit, to finally join the leadership group of the club.
The 101-kg Kiwi holds the perfect position as an openside flanker. He showed his formidable skills.
Scott Fuglistaller first played rugby for Francis Douglas Memorial College in New Plymouth. In his home, Scott made his debut in 2012 with the Highlanders.
Scott not only made his mark in the field. He also holds a degree in Human Resource from the University of Victoria in Wellington.
Scott is an avid free driver and lives next door to former Wellington Lions player Jason Woodward
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin on Kobe Bryant’s Text: He’s 100 Percent Accurate
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- Rafael Nadal Blows Out Novak Djokovic as Top Contender For US Open Series – Tennis TV Poll
- Eugenie Bouchard To Conquer Next Era After Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide