Kollywood: Ajith's 'Thala 55' Update; Suriya's 'Anjaan' Title Logo Revealed
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 30, 2014 3:52 PM EST
Check out some of the headline-grabbing news from Kollywood.
"Anjaan" Title Logo Revealed
The stylish title logo of Suriya's "Anjaan" has been revealed. The first look poster will be out on 1 May.
Directed by Lingusamy, "Anjaan" will reportedly have Suriya in dual roles. Apart from Suriya, Samantha, Dalip Tahil, Vidyut Jamwal, Soori, Manoj Bajpai and Rajpal Yadav also appear in pivotal roles. The film's music is composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja and cinematography is handled by Santosh Sivan.
UTV Motion Pictures and Lingusamy's Thirrupathi Brothers have jointly produced the film.
"Anjaan" is gearing up for release on 15 August.
Ajith-Gautham Film Update
Music Director Harris Jayaraj, who has reunited with Gautham Menon after six years, has recorded the first song for "Thala 55."
In a reply to a fan, the composer has revealed on Twitter that he has recorded the first song with a fresh voice from the UK.
"Thala 55" (tentatively titled) is one of the most-awaited projects of 2014. The film is touted to be a musical action thriller with Ajith reportedly playing the role of a cop. Anushka Shetty appears as the female lead, while Arun Vijay will be donning a pivotal character.
There will be six songs in the film as confirmed by the director Gautham Menon. "Six songs coming up. Harris jayaraj 'in the house' ladies and gentlemen. I'm happy to announce that we are back together to make music," he tweeted sometime ago.
Nayanthara teams up with Suriya in Venkat Prabhu's film
Nearly after five years, Nayanthara will be teaming up with Suriya in his next project to be directed by Venkat Prabhu. They both have worked together in the 2009-release "Aadhavan."
The pretty actress, who was on a brief hiatus, made a fantastic comeback with the 2013-release "Raja Rani." Since then, she has been working on several projects including one with her ex-flame Simbu.
Now there are reports emerging that Nayan will be sharing screen space with Suriya in the untitled Venkat Prabhu flick. However, an official announcement regarding the cast and crew details are still awaited.
The film's shooting is likely to commence after Suriya completes his current proejct "Anjaan."
Vishal Injured During "Poojai" Shoot
Actor Vishal was badly injured while shooting for a fight scene in his upcoming film "Poojai."
The stunt sequence involved the actor to jump from an over bridge on to a parked car. The "Pandiya Naadu" actor sustained injuries while shooting the action scene and has apparently got 22 stitches. Doctors have advised him to take rest and he is expected to join the "Poojai" sets soon.
Directed by Hari, "Poojai" is a mass action entertainer with Shruthi Haasan in the female lead role. The film is all set to hit the screens for Diwali, this year.
Image credit: Facebook/ Veeram
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage