UEFA Champions League: Carlo Ancelotti Praises 'Perfect' Real Madrid After Massive Semifinal Win over Bayern Munich
By Tarish Bhat | April 30, 2014 3:29 PM EST
Ancelotti said everything worked out perfectly for his team and hailed Sergio Ramos, who scored a brace in the space of four minutes, to put Real in front early in the match.
"I offer huge congratulations to everyone, our players did so well. When everyone works together you can then add the quality and things can work out perfectly," Ancelotti said.
"We prepared our dead-ball moves well as we know they have problems at the far post. Sergio Ramos is having a magnificent season, he is the best defender in the world. In order to win we needed an enormous effort from everyone. I really liked our defensive work while the full-backs and midfielders supported our attack very well."
Ancelotti said everyone in the team worked hard for achieving this result and they are excited to be in the final. He added that they are not concerned about which team they are going to face in the final, as their objective is to lift the cup.
"I thought a lot about how we could win this game but the way in which we did so was hard to imagine. This team never ceases to surprise me and today they were very good," the Italian added. "I am so happy because the players and everyone at the club has worked hard for this. We are going to compete in this final and look to win it."
"I don't know who I would prefer to face in the final. Chelsea have a lot of experience while Atletico are really eager. The most important thing from our perspective is that we are going to be there."
A double from Ramos and forward Cristiano Ronaldo helped Real outplay the Bundesliga giants Bayern 5-0 on aggregate. Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said the team is disappointed after losing the game by such a large margin. He added his team played much better in the first leg, but Madrid punished them in the second match.
"Of course we are disappointed and sad to have lost that game. We have lost, we lost clearly and by a large margin. What we did against Arsenal and Manchester [United] did not work today," Guardiola said. "Also in the first leg in Madrid we had more control and at least a couple of chances. Today [Tuesday], just a few. That's why we have lost the semifinal. You play with the ball and if you don't have it that doesn't work."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet