UEFA Champions League: Carlo Ancelotti Praises 'Perfect' Real Madrid After Massive Semifinal Win over Bayern Munich
By Tarish Bhat | April 30, 2014 3:29 PM EST
Ancelotti said everything worked out perfectly for his team and hailed Sergio Ramos, who scored a brace in the space of four minutes, to put Real in front early in the match.
"I offer huge congratulations to everyone, our players did so well. When everyone works together you can then add the quality and things can work out perfectly," Ancelotti said.
"We prepared our dead-ball moves well as we know they have problems at the far post. Sergio Ramos is having a magnificent season, he is the best defender in the world. In order to win we needed an enormous effort from everyone. I really liked our defensive work while the full-backs and midfielders supported our attack very well."
Ancelotti said everyone in the team worked hard for achieving this result and they are excited to be in the final. He added that they are not concerned about which team they are going to face in the final, as their objective is to lift the cup.
"I thought a lot about how we could win this game but the way in which we did so was hard to imagine. This team never ceases to surprise me and today they were very good," the Italian added. "I am so happy because the players and everyone at the club has worked hard for this. We are going to compete in this final and look to win it."
"I don't know who I would prefer to face in the final. Chelsea have a lot of experience while Atletico are really eager. The most important thing from our perspective is that we are going to be there."
A double from Ramos and forward Cristiano Ronaldo helped Real outplay the Bundesliga giants Bayern 5-0 on aggregate. Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said the team is disappointed after losing the game by such a large margin. He added his team played much better in the first leg, but Madrid punished them in the second match.
"Of course we are disappointed and sad to have lost that game. We have lost, we lost clearly and by a large margin. What we did against Arsenal and Manchester [United] did not work today," Guardiola said. "Also in the first leg in Madrid we had more control and at least a couple of chances. Today [Tuesday], just a few. That's why we have lost the semifinal. You play with the ball and if you don't have it that doesn't work."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones