LG G3 to be Launched Next Month; Quick View of G3 Specifications
By Pavithra Rathinavel | April 30, 2014 3:07 PM EST
In a press conference which saw LG announcing its improved first quarter results confirmed the name of its next Android flagship smartphone, the LG G3. The new LG G3 dubbed as Galaxy S5 Killer is one of the most anticipated and talked-about smartphones of this year. Right from the beginning of this year, there are quite a lot of rumors, reports and leaks surrounding this upcoming phone from LG.
According to initial rumors, the phone will be announced in June and will be released in July. The latest news is that, the LG G3 will be launched in May. According to ZDNet Korea, the phone will be launched by the end of May, apparently, the company informed the South Korean Media.
Interestingly, LG Optimus G was launched in the fall of 2012 and again LG G2 was released in the fall of 2013, however, LG is planning on launching its upcoming flagship, next-generation, high-end device to market as quickly as it can to give good competition to the Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8 and Sony Xperia Z2.
Although the launch month is confirmed as May, there is no confirmation on the exact date of release. But according to a Korean site Asiae, the release date is May 17.
According to the press conference, the company LG views the upcoming G3 as a best-selling device with its amazing specifications and design. LG is banking on G3 to improve the company's bottom line.
LG said, "Higher revenues are expected in the second quarter with the release of the flagship LG G3 smartphone and wider roll-out of the mass-tier L Series III."
Specifications (Quick View)
- 5.5 inches display
- 1,440 x 2,560 pixels resolution
- Quad HD display
- 2.3GHz quad-core processor (Snapdragon 800 chipset)
- 2GB of RAM
- 13MP rear facing camera
- 2MP front facing camera
- 4K video playback and 120 fps slow motion video capture
- 32GB of internal storage
- A microSD slot for further expansion
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- LG's Optimus UI
- 3000mAh battery unit
- Water resistant exterior
- improved their graphical ecosystem
- A digital valet (rumored)
- Colors: black, white and gold
The LG G3 is rumored to be priced relatively lesser than the Galaxy S5 and the HTC One M8.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast