Jon Voight Excited To See Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s Daughter Vivienne in ‘Maleficent’
By Anne Lu | April 30, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s youngest daughter Vivienne is set to make her big screen debut in her mum’s film “Maleficent,” and grandpa Jon Voight is excited to see her act.
“Maleficent,” which stars Jolie as the title character, will see five-year-old Vivienne as the young Aurora. The role is expectedly a very small one, though, since the character will grow up right away. The teen Aurora is played by Elle Fanning.
Nevertheless, Voight can’t wait to watch the film to see not only his daughter, but his granddaughter as well.
“I’m excited to see how Vivienne did,” the 75-year-old Academy Award winner told People magazine on Monday. “I’ll be there. I’m so excited.”
Voight wasn’t present during the production of the Walt Disney film, but according to what he has heard, it was a team effort of Angie and Brad to teach their daughter how to act on camera.
“Apparently, when they were doing it, the funny thing was Angie and Brad were off camera trying to get her to respond. You know, telling her, ‘You’re happy and you’re running through the field.’ And they followed her with the camera. That’s what I heard. That’s what I read. I can imagine that,” “The Champ” star said.
But while he is clearly proud of Vivienne’s first film role, Voight cleared that he wouldn’t be a stage grandpa.
“It’s just like any grandchild. You’re going to be proud of her no matter what she did.”
Jolie was slightly older than her daughter when she also had her debut in film. She was just seven years old in 1982 when she briefly appeared in the film “Lookin’ to Get Out,” starring Voigh, Ann-Margaret, and Burt Young.
Her career did not begin until 1993, though, when she starred in the low-budget “Cyborg2.” From then on she had a string of major films, earning her an Academy Award later in 1999 for “Girl, Interrupted.”
Vivienne wouldn’t follow the same career path as her mum, if it’s up to her parents.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly in March, she revealed that she and Pitt didn’t want their children to grow up as actors.
“We think it’s fun for our kids to have cameos and join us on set, but not to be actors. That’s not our goal for Brad and I at all,” she said.
Vivienne isn’t the first Jolie-Pitt to appear on her parents’ film.
Eldest brother Maddox (12) was a “zombie” extra in their dad’s “World War Z” film, while sister Shiloh (7) had a brief cameo also in dad’s film, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.” Also, Pax (10) and Zahara (9) appeared during the christening scene in “Maleficent.”
The only Jolie-Pitt who has yet to appear in a film is Vivienne’s twin brother, Knox.
“Maleficent” will open on May 30 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date