WATCH: Anderson Silva Makes Cameo on New Budweiser World Cup Commercial Featuring Samuel Eto’o, Gary Cahill, Maya Yoshida, and Hulk
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 30, 2014 2:17 PM EST
For those who are missing Anderson Silva fight in the octagon ring, the 39-year-old Brazilian mixed martial artist gives an extra treat to fans when he made a cameo appearance in a new Budweiser World Cup commercial which also features footballers Samuel Eto'o, Gary Cahill, Maya Yoshida, and Hulk.
MMA: UFC 168-Weidman vs Silva
Globo.com was the first news outlet to report about the exclusive commercial which will only be aired in Brazil. Cameroon's Eto'o, England's Cahill, Japan's Yoshida, and Brazil's Hulk portray the role of rock stars.
The four footballers appear to be arriving in Brazil with bottles of Budweiser inside their guitar-shaped luggage and the song "Paradise City" of Guns N' Roses playing in the background. Silva then appears who seems to be paving the way for the four footballers towards their limousine ride. It ends with a billboard of the four with the caption that says "The best show on earth is coming." Watch the video here.
Silva's fans shouldn't get too impatient waiting for their champ to come back in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) because UFC president Dana White said he's getting ready for his much-anticipated comeback, according to Bleacher Report.
In March, Silva has thrown his first kick after surgery and he was extremely blissful for such moment. "I compare this first kicks to the joy of the birth of my first sons," he told UOL. "Not it's time to overcome the fear, and I'll get there," he added. Silva said that it will still be a long way before he can fully recover but he said he was enthusiastic of the current outcome. "I still have so much to do, but I'm confident and happy with the first results," Silva said.
Silva last fought in the octagon ring on UFC 168 when he broke his leg after throwing a kick to opponent Chris Weidman in December. It has initially been revealed that the recovery time for Silva would be three to six months. Four months have passed and it looks like Silva is definitely making progress. People will just have to wait until Silva officially announces his comeback.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop