WATCH: Anderson Silva Makes Cameo on New Budweiser World Cup Commercial Featuring Samuel Eto’o, Gary Cahill, Maya Yoshida, and Hulk
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 30, 2014 2:17 PM EST
For those who are missing Anderson Silva fight in the octagon ring, the 39-year-old Brazilian mixed martial artist gives an extra treat to fans when he made a cameo appearance in a new Budweiser World Cup commercial which also features footballers Samuel Eto'o, Gary Cahill, Maya Yoshida, and Hulk.
MMA: UFC 168-Weidman vs Silva
Globo.com was the first news outlet to report about the exclusive commercial which will only be aired in Brazil. Cameroon's Eto'o, England's Cahill, Japan's Yoshida, and Brazil's Hulk portray the role of rock stars.
The four footballers appear to be arriving in Brazil with bottles of Budweiser inside their guitar-shaped luggage and the song "Paradise City" of Guns N' Roses playing in the background. Silva then appears who seems to be paving the way for the four footballers towards their limousine ride. It ends with a billboard of the four with the caption that says "The best show on earth is coming." Watch the video here.
Silva's fans shouldn't get too impatient waiting for their champ to come back in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) because UFC president Dana White said he's getting ready for his much-anticipated comeback, according to Bleacher Report.
In March, Silva has thrown his first kick after surgery and he was extremely blissful for such moment. "I compare this first kicks to the joy of the birth of my first sons," he told UOL. "Not it's time to overcome the fear, and I'll get there," he added. Silva said that it will still be a long way before he can fully recover but he said he was enthusiastic of the current outcome. "I still have so much to do, but I'm confident and happy with the first results," Silva said.
Silva last fought in the octagon ring on UFC 168 when he broke his leg after throwing a kick to opponent Chris Weidman in December. It has initially been revealed that the recovery time for Silva would be three to six months. Four months have passed and it looks like Silva is definitely making progress. People will just have to wait until Silva officially announces his comeback.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar