WATCH: Anderson Silva Makes Cameo on New Budweiser World Cup Commercial Featuring Samuel Eto’o, Gary Cahill, Maya Yoshida, and Hulk
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 30, 2014 2:17 PM EST
For those who are missing Anderson Silva fight in the octagon ring, the 39-year-old Brazilian mixed martial artist gives an extra treat to fans when he made a cameo appearance in a new Budweiser World Cup commercial which also features footballers Samuel Eto'o, Gary Cahill, Maya Yoshida, and Hulk.
MMA: UFC 168-Weidman vs Silva
Globo.com was the first news outlet to report about the exclusive commercial which will only be aired in Brazil. Cameroon's Eto'o, England's Cahill, Japan's Yoshida, and Brazil's Hulk portray the role of rock stars.
The four footballers appear to be arriving in Brazil with bottles of Budweiser inside their guitar-shaped luggage and the song "Paradise City" of Guns N' Roses playing in the background. Silva then appears who seems to be paving the way for the four footballers towards their limousine ride. It ends with a billboard of the four with the caption that says "The best show on earth is coming." Watch the video here.
Silva's fans shouldn't get too impatient waiting for their champ to come back in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) because UFC president Dana White said he's getting ready for his much-anticipated comeback, according to Bleacher Report.
In March, Silva has thrown his first kick after surgery and he was extremely blissful for such moment. "I compare this first kicks to the joy of the birth of my first sons," he told UOL. "Not it's time to overcome the fear, and I'll get there," he added. Silva said that it will still be a long way before he can fully recover but he said he was enthusiastic of the current outcome. "I still have so much to do, but I'm confident and happy with the first results," Silva said.
Silva last fought in the octagon ring on UFC 168 when he broke his leg after throwing a kick to opponent Chris Weidman in December. It has initially been revealed that the recovery time for Silva would be three to six months. Four months have passed and it looks like Silva is definitely making progress. People will just have to wait until Silva officially announces his comeback.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet