‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Star Emma Stone Describes What it Feels Like to be Surrounded by Guys in Spandex
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 30, 2014 1:26 PM EST
If caught in the middle of a group of guys in spandex, what would you do? As it appears the guys have super powers, too. Feel afraid? Swoon, maybe? Emma Stone, apparently, has described what it feels like to be surrounded by spandex-wearing guys in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" movie.
Cast members (L-R) Jamie Foxx, Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield attend a promotional tour of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" in Beijing, March 25, 2014.
"It's a testo-fest!" the 23-year-old shared in an interview with The News.
Emma Stone is playing the role of Gwen Stacy, who is apparently the only lead female character in the new Amazing Spider-Man reboot, surrounded by Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield), Electro (Jamie Foxx) and Green Goblin (Dane DeHaan).
Marvel describes Gwen Stacy as Spider-Man a.k.a. Peter Parker's "true love." Well, there is Mary Jane Watson, whose character should have been played by "Divergent" star Shailene Woodley in the second installment of the Spider-Man movie if director Marc Webb didn't decide to cut her role, though for a pleasant reason.
But Mary Jane is considered the "the guiding light." Stacy is still a head above MJ's role in competing with Peter Parker's affections.
"Her [Gwen Stacy] superpower is her intelligence and her heart," Stone said. "She's ultimately a pretty great role model for young girls."
According to New York Daily News, Emma Stone has done more than a thousand interviews in eight countries to promote the Amazing Spider-Man 2. Take note, the interviews happened in just over a month.
And one time while Stone was in Tokyo with real-life boyfriend Andrew Garfield and the rest of the cast and crew of the superhero movie, the actress's heart softened to a five-year-old boy, who apparently was dressed in a Spidey costume, when he asked if Spider-Man is strong.
"It was this beautiful moment where you realize the character is such a global inspiration," Stone shared.
Stone has been rumoured that she will not return for the filming of "The Amazing Spider-Man 3." However, nothing has been confirmed yet as it appears a lot of fans are still rooting for the Gwen Stacy-Peter Parker team up.
Aside from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Emma Stone is also set to appear in "Magic in the Moonlight," "Birdman" and "Untitled Cameron Crowe Project" this 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced