‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Star Emma Stone Describes What it Feels Like to be Surrounded by Guys in Spandex
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 30, 2014 1:26 PM EST
If caught in the middle of a group of guys in spandex, what would you do? As it appears the guys have super powers, too. Feel afraid? Swoon, maybe? Emma Stone, apparently, has described what it feels like to be surrounded by spandex-wearing guys in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" movie.
Cast members (L-R) Jamie Foxx, Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield attend a promotional tour of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" in Beijing, March 25, 2014.
"It's a testo-fest!" the 23-year-old shared in an interview with The News.
Emma Stone is playing the role of Gwen Stacy, who is apparently the only lead female character in the new Amazing Spider-Man reboot, surrounded by Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield), Electro (Jamie Foxx) and Green Goblin (Dane DeHaan).
Marvel describes Gwen Stacy as Spider-Man a.k.a. Peter Parker's "true love." Well, there is Mary Jane Watson, whose character should have been played by "Divergent" star Shailene Woodley in the second installment of the Spider-Man movie if director Marc Webb didn't decide to cut her role, though for a pleasant reason.
But Mary Jane is considered the "the guiding light." Stacy is still a head above MJ's role in competing with Peter Parker's affections.
"Her [Gwen Stacy] superpower is her intelligence and her heart," Stone said. "She's ultimately a pretty great role model for young girls."
According to New York Daily News, Emma Stone has done more than a thousand interviews in eight countries to promote the Amazing Spider-Man 2. Take note, the interviews happened in just over a month.
And one time while Stone was in Tokyo with real-life boyfriend Andrew Garfield and the rest of the cast and crew of the superhero movie, the actress's heart softened to a five-year-old boy, who apparently was dressed in a Spidey costume, when he asked if Spider-Man is strong.
"It was this beautiful moment where you realize the character is such a global inspiration," Stone shared.
Stone has been rumoured that she will not return for the filming of "The Amazing Spider-Man 3." However, nothing has been confirmed yet as it appears a lot of fans are still rooting for the Gwen Stacy-Peter Parker team up.
Aside from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Emma Stone is also set to appear in "Magic in the Moonlight," "Birdman" and "Untitled Cameron Crowe Project" this 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert