‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Star Emma Stone Describes What it Feels Like to be Surrounded by Guys in Spandex
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 30, 2014 1:26 PM EST
If caught in the middle of a group of guys in spandex, what would you do? As it appears the guys have super powers, too. Feel afraid? Swoon, maybe? Emma Stone, apparently, has described what it feels like to be surrounded by spandex-wearing guys in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" movie.
Cast members (L-R) Jamie Foxx, Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield attend a promotional tour of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" in Beijing, March 25, 2014.
"It's a testo-fest!" the 23-year-old shared in an interview with The News.
Emma Stone is playing the role of Gwen Stacy, who is apparently the only lead female character in the new Amazing Spider-Man reboot, surrounded by Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield), Electro (Jamie Foxx) and Green Goblin (Dane DeHaan).
Marvel describes Gwen Stacy as Spider-Man a.k.a. Peter Parker's "true love." Well, there is Mary Jane Watson, whose character should have been played by "Divergent" star Shailene Woodley in the second installment of the Spider-Man movie if director Marc Webb didn't decide to cut her role, though for a pleasant reason.
But Mary Jane is considered the "the guiding light." Stacy is still a head above MJ's role in competing with Peter Parker's affections.
"Her [Gwen Stacy] superpower is her intelligence and her heart," Stone said. "She's ultimately a pretty great role model for young girls."
According to New York Daily News, Emma Stone has done more than a thousand interviews in eight countries to promote the Amazing Spider-Man 2. Take note, the interviews happened in just over a month.
And one time while Stone was in Tokyo with real-life boyfriend Andrew Garfield and the rest of the cast and crew of the superhero movie, the actress's heart softened to a five-year-old boy, who apparently was dressed in a Spidey costume, when he asked if Spider-Man is strong.
"It was this beautiful moment where you realize the character is such a global inspiration," Stone shared.
Stone has been rumoured that she will not return for the filming of "The Amazing Spider-Man 3." However, nothing has been confirmed yet as it appears a lot of fans are still rooting for the Gwen Stacy-Peter Parker team up.
Aside from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Emma Stone is also set to appear in "Magic in the Moonlight," "Birdman" and "Untitled Cameron Crowe Project" this 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report