‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Star Emma Stone Describes What it Feels Like to be Surrounded by Guys in Spandex
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 30, 2014 1:26 PM EST
If caught in the middle of a group of guys in spandex, what would you do? As it appears the guys have super powers, too. Feel afraid? Swoon, maybe? Emma Stone, apparently, has described what it feels like to be surrounded by spandex-wearing guys in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" movie.
Cast members (L-R) Jamie Foxx, Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield attend a promotional tour of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" in Beijing, March 25, 2014.
"It's a testo-fest!" the 23-year-old shared in an interview with The News.
Emma Stone is playing the role of Gwen Stacy, who is apparently the only lead female character in the new Amazing Spider-Man reboot, surrounded by Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield), Electro (Jamie Foxx) and Green Goblin (Dane DeHaan).
Marvel describes Gwen Stacy as Spider-Man a.k.a. Peter Parker's "true love." Well, there is Mary Jane Watson, whose character should have been played by "Divergent" star Shailene Woodley in the second installment of the Spider-Man movie if director Marc Webb didn't decide to cut her role, though for a pleasant reason.
But Mary Jane is considered the "the guiding light." Stacy is still a head above MJ's role in competing with Peter Parker's affections.
"Her [Gwen Stacy] superpower is her intelligence and her heart," Stone said. "She's ultimately a pretty great role model for young girls."
According to New York Daily News, Emma Stone has done more than a thousand interviews in eight countries to promote the Amazing Spider-Man 2. Take note, the interviews happened in just over a month.
And one time while Stone was in Tokyo with real-life boyfriend Andrew Garfield and the rest of the cast and crew of the superhero movie, the actress's heart softened to a five-year-old boy, who apparently was dressed in a Spidey costume, when he asked if Spider-Man is strong.
"It was this beautiful moment where you realize the character is such a global inspiration," Stone shared.
Stone has been rumoured that she will not return for the filming of "The Amazing Spider-Man 3." However, nothing has been confirmed yet as it appears a lot of fans are still rooting for the Gwen Stacy-Peter Parker team up.
Aside from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Emma Stone is also set to appear in "Magic in the Moonlight," "Birdman" and "Untitled Cameron Crowe Project" this 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza