‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Star Emma Stone Describes What it Feels Like to be Surrounded by Guys in Spandex
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 30, 2014 1:26 PM EST
If caught in the middle of a group of guys in spandex, what would you do? As it appears the guys have super powers, too. Feel afraid? Swoon, maybe? Emma Stone, apparently, has described what it feels like to be surrounded by spandex-wearing guys in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" movie.
Cast members (L-R) Jamie Foxx, Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield attend a promotional tour of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" in Beijing, March 25, 2014.
"It's a testo-fest!" the 23-year-old shared in an interview with The News.
Emma Stone is playing the role of Gwen Stacy, who is apparently the only lead female character in the new Amazing Spider-Man reboot, surrounded by Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield), Electro (Jamie Foxx) and Green Goblin (Dane DeHaan).
Marvel describes Gwen Stacy as Spider-Man a.k.a. Peter Parker's "true love." Well, there is Mary Jane Watson, whose character should have been played by "Divergent" star Shailene Woodley in the second installment of the Spider-Man movie if director Marc Webb didn't decide to cut her role, though for a pleasant reason.
But Mary Jane is considered the "the guiding light." Stacy is still a head above MJ's role in competing with Peter Parker's affections.
"Her [Gwen Stacy] superpower is her intelligence and her heart," Stone said. "She's ultimately a pretty great role model for young girls."
According to New York Daily News, Emma Stone has done more than a thousand interviews in eight countries to promote the Amazing Spider-Man 2. Take note, the interviews happened in just over a month.
And one time while Stone was in Tokyo with real-life boyfriend Andrew Garfield and the rest of the cast and crew of the superhero movie, the actress's heart softened to a five-year-old boy, who apparently was dressed in a Spidey costume, when he asked if Spider-Man is strong.
"It was this beautiful moment where you realize the character is such a global inspiration," Stone shared.
Stone has been rumoured that she will not return for the filming of "The Amazing Spider-Man 3." However, nothing has been confirmed yet as it appears a lot of fans are still rooting for the Gwen Stacy-Peter Parker team up.
Aside from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Emma Stone is also set to appear in "Magic in the Moonlight," "Birdman" and "Untitled Cameron Crowe Project" this 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People