For Those Who Missed – 2014 April 29 Solar Eclipse Now in Video
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | April 30, 2014 12:48 PM EST
Australia and parts of Indonesia had a partial eclipse of the sun on Tuesday, April 29, 2014. Naturally not everyone was able to see it. Still good news for those who weren't able to see it, they can now be viewed in videos online.
Yesterday's annular solar eclipse occurred over a 500-kilometre wide region in Antarctica. It was the first of two solar eclipses and four eclipses total set to happen in 2014.
The very first eclipse for the year was the April 15 total lunar eclipse.
Despite rain and clouds dampened hopes and attempts to view the eclipse from much of southern Australia, residents in Queensland to the east and areas around Perth to the west still pretty much were able to get a fine view when clouds parted long enough.
For the timelapse video of the eclipse courtesy of Proba-2 of the European Space Agency and the Royal Observatory of Belgium, watch the video here.
The full video eclipse, courtesy of the Virtual Telescope Project, is here.
The next space event being monitored is on May 3 when a 10-metre large asteroid called 2014 HL129 will make a very close approach with the Earth, reaching a minimum distance of less than 300.000 km, which is 0.7 lunar distances.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles