For Those Who Missed – 2014 April 29 Solar Eclipse Now in Video
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | April 30, 2014 12:48 PM EST
Australia and parts of Indonesia had a partial eclipse of the sun on Tuesday, April 29, 2014. Naturally not everyone was able to see it. Still good news for those who weren't able to see it, they can now be viewed in videos online.
Yesterday's annular solar eclipse occurred over a 500-kilometre wide region in Antarctica. It was the first of two solar eclipses and four eclipses total set to happen in 2014.
The very first eclipse for the year was the April 15 total lunar eclipse.
Despite rain and clouds dampened hopes and attempts to view the eclipse from much of southern Australia, residents in Queensland to the east and areas around Perth to the west still pretty much were able to get a fine view when clouds parted long enough.
For the timelapse video of the eclipse courtesy of Proba-2 of the European Space Agency and the Royal Observatory of Belgium, watch the video here.
The full video eclipse, courtesy of the Virtual Telescope Project, is here.
The next space event being monitored is on May 3 when a 10-metre large asteroid called 2014 HL129 will make a very close approach with the Earth, reaching a minimum distance of less than 300.000 km, which is 0.7 lunar distances.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]