For Those Who Missed – 2014 April 29 Solar Eclipse Now in Video
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | April 30, 2014 12:48 PM EST
Australia and parts of Indonesia had a partial eclipse of the sun on Tuesday, April 29, 2014. Naturally not everyone was able to see it. Still good news for those who weren't able to see it, they can now be viewed in videos online.
Yesterday's annular solar eclipse occurred over a 500-kilometre wide region in Antarctica. It was the first of two solar eclipses and four eclipses total set to happen in 2014.
The very first eclipse for the year was the April 15 total lunar eclipse.
Despite rain and clouds dampened hopes and attempts to view the eclipse from much of southern Australia, residents in Queensland to the east and areas around Perth to the west still pretty much were able to get a fine view when clouds parted long enough.
For the timelapse video of the eclipse courtesy of Proba-2 of the European Space Agency and the Royal Observatory of Belgium, watch the video here.
The full video eclipse, courtesy of the Virtual Telescope Project, is here.
The next space event being monitored is on May 3 when a 10-metre large asteroid called 2014 HL129 will make a very close approach with the Earth, reaching a minimum distance of less than 300.000 km, which is 0.7 lunar distances.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28