iPhone 6 Release to Feature Mobile Payments as Apple Goes on Hiring Spree: More Killer Features
By Precious Silva | April 30, 2014 12:43 PM EST
Apple appears to be pushing more features into the iPhone 6 by the day. According to recent information, iPhone owners may soon have the option of purchasing items through their phones. That is, people can walk into brick and mortar businesses and flash their phones for payment. Apple has been on a hiring spree pushing new features including mobile payments in time for the release of the next iPhone. What can people expect?
The gold colored version of the new iPhone 5S is seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
According to a report by Apple Insider, the tech giant has been corresponding with senior-level candidates for the development of an iTunes system supporting mobile payment business. Apple executive Jennifer Bailey has been overseeing meetings comprised of "senior payments industry executives." Bailey was in charge of Apple's online stores previously.
The report noted that the meetings may have been related to combining the iPhone with payment partners. Some analysts feel that this may be ambitious in the long run but recent information coincide with what Tim Cook revealed previously.
"The mobile payments area in general is one we've been intrigued with," Tim Cook said previously in an earnings conference call.
"It was one of the thoughts behind Touch ID." He added.
"You can tell by looking at the demographics of our customers, and the amount of commerce that goes through iOS devices versus the competition, that it's a big opportunity on the platform a big opportunity on the platform," Cook explained.
The market has been buzzing around a built-in Apple mobile payment system throughout the years. However, many analysts believe the process will take a while especially the product development. This time, it seems the tech giant is intent on pushing for the feature. If Apple has been laying the groundwork already then it can only be matter of time before people see this in their iPhones.
Apple has not released final details about the iPhone 6 yet though some think Apple may test out the system through it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight