Warning: Camera Flaws on Samsung Galaxy S5
By Naveena Joy | April 30, 2014 12:12 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5's 16 MP camera is one of its best features. But recently it confirms of issues on some of the devices, particularly the Verizon Wireless model.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
The users with the help of multiple Internet forums complain of a pop-up "Camera Failure" error message that appears while using this snapper. With this, the company confirms of its major flaw with "The Verge."
As such, there is no reason or solution that has been found yet for the bug. But once the error is received, the camera hardware becomes permanently disabled. Users have taken afflicted S5 phones back to carrier stores and Samsung's own specialty sections at Best Buy hoping it will bring the camera back to life. But only a physical exchange for a new device has cured the problem, hoping it will not get another troubled unit.
Samsung has now confirmed that it's aware of the reports and actively tries to assist impacted customers. In a statement, a company spokesman told The Verge, "We have learned that a limited number of Galaxy S5 devices may have an issue that causes 'Camera Failure' pop-up error message."
Meanwhile, Verizon is also doing its part to spread the message with the help of Twitter, saying, "Galaxy S5 customers who see 'Warning: Camera Failed' please contact @VZWsupport and we'll work to resolve it, including replacing the device."
S5 U.S. owners with a problematic camera are asked to call 1-888-987-4357 to arrange an exchange under Samsung's warranty or they can visit their respective carrier for a swap.
The complaints haven't swelled to a crisis quite yet, nor has it become a major problem affecting the sales of the company, so you should not let such glitches bend you away from Samsung's flagship if you were planning to purchase it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers