Warning: Camera Flaws on Samsung Galaxy S5
By Naveena Joy | April 30, 2014 12:12 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5's 16 MP camera is one of its best features. But recently it confirms of issues on some of the devices, particularly the Verizon Wireless model.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
The users with the help of multiple Internet forums complain of a pop-up "Camera Failure" error message that appears while using this snapper. With this, the company confirms of its major flaw with "The Verge."
As such, there is no reason or solution that has been found yet for the bug. But once the error is received, the camera hardware becomes permanently disabled. Users have taken afflicted S5 phones back to carrier stores and Samsung's own specialty sections at Best Buy hoping it will bring the camera back to life. But only a physical exchange for a new device has cured the problem, hoping it will not get another troubled unit.
Samsung has now confirmed that it's aware of the reports and actively tries to assist impacted customers. In a statement, a company spokesman told The Verge, "We have learned that a limited number of Galaxy S5 devices may have an issue that causes 'Camera Failure' pop-up error message."
Meanwhile, Verizon is also doing its part to spread the message with the help of Twitter, saying, "Galaxy S5 customers who see 'Warning: Camera Failed' please contact @VZWsupport and we'll work to resolve it, including replacing the device."
S5 U.S. owners with a problematic camera are asked to call 1-888-987-4357 to arrange an exchange under Samsung's warranty or they can visit their respective carrier for a swap.
The complaints haven't swelled to a crisis quite yet, nor has it become a major problem affecting the sales of the company, so you should not let such glitches bend you away from Samsung's flagship if you were planning to purchase it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June