Android 4.4 Kitkat Updates: Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Note 10.1, HTC Droid DNA and Sprint LG G Flex
By Gel Galang | April 30, 2014 12:05 PM EST
As the Android 4.4 Kitkat OS update continues to roll out for a number of handsets, here are these week's new announcements, in terms of which ones will be receiving the new update.
Check out the following four handsets that are set to get the Android 4.4 Kitkat or the more recent Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update.
LG G Flex on Sprint
One of the first smartphones that feature the bended screen, the LG G Flex has finally received the go signal for Sprint to get the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update. Spotted by Phone Arena, the new Android update will bring in improvements that are complementary to its already unique features.
The additional features that will come on the LG G Flex once the Android 4.4. Kitkat OS has been upgraded include having a better music player, support for battery-saving location mode and support for Google Cloud Printer, which makes it easier to print documents once users have established a connection.
According to the official Sprint blog, LG G Flex users will also get the Knock Code, which provides a more secure and private way to unlock smartphones. This is done via a pattern of taps on the screen.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Note 2
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is not the only device from the Korean company that has been getting hints of the Android 4.4 Kitkat update.
The predecessor to the Note 10.1 2014 Edition, which is the original Galaxy Note 10.1 has just spotted to have a leaked test firmware that will lead to an official Android 4.4 Kitkat update for the handset.
GSM Arena reports that the firmware was supposedly a pre-release update, and an official one at that, so much so that it does not void the warranty so long as users haven't done any other rooting or bricking beforehand.
The report also states that the leaked update is compatible with the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 with an April 23 build date. Hopefully, the Android 4.4 Kitkat update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 will finally be announced and start rolling out to users.
Apart from the Note 10.1, there's also the Note 2 that's looking at the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update, which has already started rolling out. But Android Geeks reports that this update has not yet reached all users, as there seems to be possibility that not everyone may receive it.
So far, only those in the Europe region with the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 model have received the update as of yet. The target is the end of May for all Galaxy Note 2 to get the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update, but the carriers may also have a hand at deciding if this pushes through or not.
HTC Droid DNA
Those using this handset from Verizon would be happy to know that the HTC Droid DNA will receive the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update as well as the Sense 5.5 update.
According to Ubergizmo, some of the features that come with this includes ability to turn off the BlinkFeed, some changes in Location Settings and the Do Not Disturb feature.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia