Destiny: A First Look on the PS4 and What’s Coming for Next-Gen and PC
By Gel Galang | April 30, 2014 12:02 PM EST
Destiny, one of the expected sci-fi games to land both next-gen and current-gen platforms, is still months away from its release date. But already, there have been a couple of trailers, offers and issues surrounding the game.
One of these is the issue of how Destiny developer Bungie seems to be favoring the PS4 over the Xbox One in terms of being a platform for the title.
Gamepur reports that, after having announced that the PS4 will be the lead platform for Destiny, fans have started to ask whether the fan base over at the Xbox territory will be given the cold shoulder. It seems that, to a decree, there is proof that the PS4 and PS3 platforms do have more exclusives than Xbox One and Xbox 360.
For starters, the PS4 has been used to showcase the game back in E3 2013, the earlier beta access for PS4 and PS3 owners, and even the exclusive content for PlayStation.
To which the Destiny team responded that they do listen to everyone and every gamer. "If you're a gamer who wants to play a Bungle game, you're very much on our mind-every day," said David Dague, community manager at Bungie.
Maybe fans can think of this in the way that Microsoft was able to get exclusive dibs on some titles-maybe the PlayStation platforms have managed to snag one for Destiny this time around?
As far as the PS4 version is concerned, the developers have already released a PS4 trailer showing off the Strikes mode in the game, as well as the battles that fans can expect. Check out the trailer below and see the action straight from the eyes of the heroes.
Destiny Preorders: Get Xbox Access to Beta
If you're looking at the Xbox One or the Xbox 360 as your platform of choice once Destiny comes out, then it might be time to file your preorders.
"Be among the first to blaze a trail through the wild frontiers of Destiny. Pre-order from Amazon.com and receive access to the upcoming beta."
The preorder beta access offer also stands for those who will be playing the PS4 and PS3 systems, so the important thing here is to preorder the game.
Why Destiny is not landing on the PC
Apart from the issue of Destiny supposedly being more inclined towards the PS4 compared to the Xbox One, there's also the issue of the game's absence on the PC.
According to Eurogamer, Destiny will be releasing for the Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3 on September 9. But the surprising thing is that, despite the architecture having been designed for a PC release, Destiny is not including the PC in the platforms list slated for the September release date.
Perhaps the fact that the game will be releasing on four platforms for September 9 is already a big deal, but there's also the issue that creating the PC version is not as easy as it sounds. But based on Bakken's and Bungie COO Pete Parsons' words, it seems that this can be seen more as a delay rather than a lack of release on the PC platform.
"That doesn't mean it can't happen in the future, it just means it won't happen right now." said Lars Bakken to Eurogamer.
"I look forward to our future conversations around PC," said Parsons to Eurogamer. "We love the PC. We hear it too. We ask the question of ourselves."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop