'Call of Duty' 2014 Named Blacksmith to be Announced, 'COD' Joins the X Games
By Gel Galang | April 30, 2014 11:50 AM EST
After the first teasing look at the "Call of Duty" 2014 from Sledgehammer was revealed earlier, a date and codename for the upcoming "COD" installment has recently been revealed.
This May, PSU reports the "Call of Duty" 2014 will finally be made official in an announcement, sometime before the E3 2014. It was also revealed by the source that, for now, the latest "COD" is codenamed "BlackSmith."
Then again, there have been previous reports that, instead of being a "Call of Duty" game, Sledgehammer's latest "COD" work will be a sequel to "Cal of Duty: Modern Warfare 3," though nothing has been made official by the developer.
What is confirmed is that, for 2014, Sledgehammer will be the main and only developer for the upcoming game of the franchise, making it a three-studio rotation for Activision's shooter game. Apart from Sledgehammer Games, there's also Treyarch and Infinity Ward, who was responsible for the most recent "Call of Duty: Ghosts."
This isn't to say that "Ghosts" is already an old franchise, considering that Infinity Ward is still considering and executing patches for the game. VG 24/7 reports the latest update will be for the Bizon SMG, which fans have requested to be balanced in an update.
Until the update with the balance of the Bizon SMG rolls out, the weapon is banned from competitive play, as confirmed by MLG executive VP Adam Apicella via Twitter, as quoted by VG 24/7.
UPDATE: We have decided to restrict the Bizon for CoD Pro League until after the announced @InfinityWard weapon rebalance patch.
— Adam Apicella (@MrAdamAp) April 28, 2014
'Ghosts' Champions to Vie for X Games Medals
"Call of Duty: Ghosts" is now part of the X Games for the MLG X Games Invitational, happening at the X Games Austin from June 6 to 8. This was announced by Major League Gaming, making it the first time that professional "COD" players can take part in the games and vie for the medals, reports Polygon.
The Xbox One version will be used in the tournament. The participants will be hailing from the top finishers of the 2014 "Call of Duty" Championship and top five "Ghosts" teams based on the MLG Pro Points.
For those who want to check out the X Games ilvestream, it's available on the MLG official Web site or via the MLG TV apps. Tickets are still available for those who want to witness the action themselves during the 3-day event.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop