'Call of Duty' 2014 Named Blacksmith to be Announced, 'COD' Joins the X Games
By Gel Galang | April 30, 2014 11:50 AM EST
After the first teasing look at the "Call of Duty" 2014 from Sledgehammer was revealed earlier, a date and codename for the upcoming "COD" installment has recently been revealed.
This May, PSU reports the "Call of Duty" 2014 will finally be made official in an announcement, sometime before the E3 2014. It was also revealed by the source that, for now, the latest "COD" is codenamed "BlackSmith."
Then again, there have been previous reports that, instead of being a "Call of Duty" game, Sledgehammer's latest "COD" work will be a sequel to "Cal of Duty: Modern Warfare 3," though nothing has been made official by the developer.
What is confirmed is that, for 2014, Sledgehammer will be the main and only developer for the upcoming game of the franchise, making it a three-studio rotation for Activision's shooter game. Apart from Sledgehammer Games, there's also Treyarch and Infinity Ward, who was responsible for the most recent "Call of Duty: Ghosts."
This isn't to say that "Ghosts" is already an old franchise, considering that Infinity Ward is still considering and executing patches for the game. VG 24/7 reports the latest update will be for the Bizon SMG, which fans have requested to be balanced in an update.
Until the update with the balance of the Bizon SMG rolls out, the weapon is banned from competitive play, as confirmed by MLG executive VP Adam Apicella via Twitter, as quoted by VG 24/7.
UPDATE: We have decided to restrict the Bizon for CoD Pro League until after the announced @InfinityWard weapon rebalance patch.
— Adam Apicella (@MrAdamAp) April 28, 2014
'Ghosts' Champions to Vie for X Games Medals
"Call of Duty: Ghosts" is now part of the X Games for the MLG X Games Invitational, happening at the X Games Austin from June 6 to 8. This was announced by Major League Gaming, making it the first time that professional "COD" players can take part in the games and vie for the medals, reports Polygon.
The Xbox One version will be used in the tournament. The participants will be hailing from the top finishers of the 2014 "Call of Duty" Championship and top five "Ghosts" teams based on the MLG Pro Points.
For those who want to check out the X Games ilvestream, it's available on the MLG official Web site or via the MLG TV apps. Tickets are still available for those who want to witness the action themselves during the 3-day event.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports