'Call of Duty' 2014 Named Blacksmith to be Announced, 'COD' Joins the X Games
By Gel Galang | April 30, 2014 11:50 AM EST
After the first teasing look at the "Call of Duty" 2014 from Sledgehammer was revealed earlier, a date and codename for the upcoming "COD" installment has recently been revealed.
This May, PSU reports the "Call of Duty" 2014 will finally be made official in an announcement, sometime before the E3 2014. It was also revealed by the source that, for now, the latest "COD" is codenamed "BlackSmith."
Then again, there have been previous reports that, instead of being a "Call of Duty" game, Sledgehammer's latest "COD" work will be a sequel to "Cal of Duty: Modern Warfare 3," though nothing has been made official by the developer.
What is confirmed is that, for 2014, Sledgehammer will be the main and only developer for the upcoming game of the franchise, making it a three-studio rotation for Activision's shooter game. Apart from Sledgehammer Games, there's also Treyarch and Infinity Ward, who was responsible for the most recent "Call of Duty: Ghosts."
This isn't to say that "Ghosts" is already an old franchise, considering that Infinity Ward is still considering and executing patches for the game. VG 24/7 reports the latest update will be for the Bizon SMG, which fans have requested to be balanced in an update.
Until the update with the balance of the Bizon SMG rolls out, the weapon is banned from competitive play, as confirmed by MLG executive VP Adam Apicella via Twitter, as quoted by VG 24/7.
UPDATE: We have decided to restrict the Bizon for CoD Pro League until after the announced @InfinityWard weapon rebalance patch.
— Adam Apicella (@MrAdamAp) April 28, 2014
'Ghosts' Champions to Vie for X Games Medals
"Call of Duty: Ghosts" is now part of the X Games for the MLG X Games Invitational, happening at the X Games Austin from June 6 to 8. This was announced by Major League Gaming, making it the first time that professional "COD" players can take part in the games and vie for the medals, reports Polygon.
The Xbox One version will be used in the tournament. The participants will be hailing from the top finishers of the 2014 "Call of Duty" Championship and top five "Ghosts" teams based on the MLG Pro Points.
For those who want to check out the X Games ilvestream, it's available on the MLG official Web site or via the MLG TV apps. Tickets are still available for those who want to witness the action themselves during the 3-day event.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change