Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Guide: Update i9300, i9305, i747, i535 and More
By Precious Silva | April 30, 2014 11:30 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 users can now update to Android 4.4.3 KitKat depending on their handset model. Looking at Samsung's history, the company has been rolling out Android updates in stages. Some models get the update sooner while others later. According to recent information several models of the Samsung Galaxy S3 are now in line to receive the Android 4.4.2.
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
According to a report by Android Geeks, the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is now available for the following models: GT-I9300, GT-I9305, SHV-E210K, SHV-E210L, SHV-E210S, SGH-T999/L, SGH-I747, SGH-N064, SGH-N035, SCH-J021, SCH-R530, SCH-I535, SCH-S960L, SCH-S968C, SPH-L710, SCH-I939 and SCH-S968C.
The listed devices cover most of the Samsung Galaxy S3 models. However, for those models not listed, users may have to check with their carriers or regions for updates. It is also best to come back once in a while for additional announcements.
Google clarified that the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update will only require 512MB RAM. Most devices should not find it hard to accommodate the firmware. This also allows flagship models from previous years to run the update. If there are any delays on the roll out, it may be due to the handset manufacturer, carrier or the region. Some carriers have to tweak Android updates to compliment the services they offer. Other manufacturers also have to change some of the program features to suit their UI.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with the following general features:
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches (~306 ppi pixel density)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- TouchWiz UI
- microSD, up to 64 GB
- 16/32/64 GB storage, 1 GB RAM
- 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, check quality
- Android OS, v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), 4.3 (Jelly Bean), planned upgrade to v4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Exynos 4412 Quad
- Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9
The roll out should be completed this May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles