Cressida Bonas ‘Dumps’ Prince Harry, Says No to Getting Married into Royal Family
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 30, 2014 11:27 AM EST
Prince Harry has reportedly been dumped by his girlfriend Cressida Bonas.
According to Showbiz Spy, it was Bonas who dumped her royal boyfriend. Bonas, better known as Cressie among friends, reportedly told Harry that she would not like to get married into the royal family. Bonas was apparently not happy with the spotlight that the royal family always has on it. According to reports, she said that she would prefer leading a life away from the spotlight. Bonas apparently has "huge reservations" about the royal family. The couple had a chat over the weekend and decided to call it a day.
Britain's Prince Harry walks across a rope bridge as he plays with children during a tour of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park ahead of its public opening tomorrow at Stratford in east London April 4, 2014.
People reported that the 29-year-old member of the British royal family dated Bonas for around two years before the split. Harry apparently told his friends that his relation with the 24-year-old was not going well. One of the sources claimed that Harry found Bonas "too needy." The source, who is apparently a close associate of Harry, also said that the relationship "just wasn't working out."
Princess Eugenie, who happens to be Bonas' close friend, introduced the couple. However, both Harry and Bonas preferred keeping their relationship private. It was only recently that the couple was seen in public, enjoying dinner together. Bonas attended her first official event only in March 2014. She apparently supported Harry while he gave a speech on the occasion of launching the WE Day which is a charity event at Wembley Arena for Save the Children.
The news of Harry splitting with his girlfriend comes only days after his brother, Prince William, finished his tour of Australia and New Zealand, along with his wife Duchess Kate and son Prince George. While William has been married for three years now, Harry has apparently shied away from the altar for quite some time now. Rumours, on the other hand, have emerged that he wants to get married, but Bonas seems to have other plans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide