Cressida Bonas ‘Dumps’ Prince Harry, Says No to Getting Married into Royal Family
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 30, 2014 11:27 AM EST
Prince Harry has reportedly been dumped by his girlfriend Cressida Bonas.
According to Showbiz Spy, it was Bonas who dumped her royal boyfriend. Bonas, better known as Cressie among friends, reportedly told Harry that she would not like to get married into the royal family. Bonas was apparently not happy with the spotlight that the royal family always has on it. According to reports, she said that she would prefer leading a life away from the spotlight. Bonas apparently has "huge reservations" about the royal family. The couple had a chat over the weekend and decided to call it a day.
Britain's Prince Harry walks across a rope bridge as he plays with children during a tour of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park ahead of its public opening tomorrow at Stratford in east London April 4, 2014.
People reported that the 29-year-old member of the British royal family dated Bonas for around two years before the split. Harry apparently told his friends that his relation with the 24-year-old was not going well. One of the sources claimed that Harry found Bonas "too needy." The source, who is apparently a close associate of Harry, also said that the relationship "just wasn't working out."
Princess Eugenie, who happens to be Bonas' close friend, introduced the couple. However, both Harry and Bonas preferred keeping their relationship private. It was only recently that the couple was seen in public, enjoying dinner together. Bonas attended her first official event only in March 2014. She apparently supported Harry while he gave a speech on the occasion of launching the WE Day which is a charity event at Wembley Arena for Save the Children.
The news of Harry splitting with his girlfriend comes only days after his brother, Prince William, finished his tour of Australia and New Zealand, along with his wife Duchess Kate and son Prince George. While William has been married for three years now, Harry has apparently shied away from the altar for quite some time now. Rumours, on the other hand, have emerged that he wants to get married, but Bonas seems to have other plans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'