Cressida Bonas ‘Dumps’ Prince Harry, Says No to Getting Married into Royal Family
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 30, 2014 11:27 AM EST
Prince Harry has reportedly been dumped by his girlfriend Cressida Bonas.
According to Showbiz Spy, it was Bonas who dumped her royal boyfriend. Bonas, better known as Cressie among friends, reportedly told Harry that she would not like to get married into the royal family. Bonas was apparently not happy with the spotlight that the royal family always has on it. According to reports, she said that she would prefer leading a life away from the spotlight. Bonas apparently has "huge reservations" about the royal family. The couple had a chat over the weekend and decided to call it a day.
Britain's Prince Harry walks across a rope bridge as he plays with children during a tour of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park ahead of its public opening tomorrow at Stratford in east London April 4, 2014.
People reported that the 29-year-old member of the British royal family dated Bonas for around two years before the split. Harry apparently told his friends that his relation with the 24-year-old was not going well. One of the sources claimed that Harry found Bonas "too needy." The source, who is apparently a close associate of Harry, also said that the relationship "just wasn't working out."
Princess Eugenie, who happens to be Bonas' close friend, introduced the couple. However, both Harry and Bonas preferred keeping their relationship private. It was only recently that the couple was seen in public, enjoying dinner together. Bonas attended her first official event only in March 2014. She apparently supported Harry while he gave a speech on the occasion of launching the WE Day which is a charity event at Wembley Arena for Save the Children.
The news of Harry splitting with his girlfriend comes only days after his brother, Prince William, finished his tour of Australia and New Zealand, along with his wife Duchess Kate and son Prince George. While William has been married for three years now, Harry has apparently shied away from the altar for quite some time now. Rumours, on the other hand, have emerged that he wants to get married, but Bonas seems to have other plans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]