Game of Thrones in Google Maps, Learn Your Way Around Westeros
By Precious Silva | April 30, 2014 10:28 AM EST
Game of Thrones created a whole new world for many people. While fans and interested individuals cannot actually find their way into the stories at least they can go around Westeros and trace character paths. A new app for Games of Thrones allows people to go around Westeros helping them find their way and familiarize themselves with this medieval land.
A dragon statue stands on a red carpet in preparation for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The HBO fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" has been renewed for two more seasons, the premium cable network said on April 8, 2014, two days after the show's season four premiere drew the network's biggest audience in seven years.
Users can now access fictional map of Westeros and Essos. Through the new Games of Thrones app, people can be as close as they can get. The app allows Googles to break down reality and make way for fiction for some interesting mapping and navigation activities.
According to a report by CNET, the QuarterMaster app offers more than just a navigation system. Selecting names of places will direct to a new window displaying information about the series. A Wiki page will open up offering Games of Thrones information including the places and the story.
People do not have to know the book by heart to get a spoiler-free tour. There is a slider that allows users to configure the map settings. A person can set the map to reveal limited information or up until where they want or know about the story.
Users can switch between TV series episodes or chapters of the book. The app covers both versions catering to all types of fans. Simply click the chapter or episode slide to limit the information revealed while going over the map.
While the app cannot give horse-riding directions between King's Landing and Winterfell, it does allow users to monitor the movements of some of the characters. For instance, people can see where Arya Stark has been. Joffrey Baratheon's, on other hand, comes as straightforward. It does not wander off as other characters. Users can also choose multiple characters and check if their paths overlapped and if they have met.
Selecting the "nobility of Westeros" option will reveal the sigils of the noble houses. People can track where the noble houses are on the map. The app allows people to study the complex social structure and story of Game of Thrones.
To check out the map, click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys