‘Love Child’ Season 2 Update: ‘Offspring’ Actor to Play a Compelling Character in New Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 30, 2014 10:20 AM EST
"Love Child" has roped in Matt Le Nevez, who portrayed the role of Patrick Reid in "Offspring," to reportedly play the character of Jack.
"Series Two will go into proaction shortly and today I am absolutely thrilled to announce a new cast member, Matt Le Nevez will be joining," said Andy Ryan, co-head of Drama, as quoted by TV Tonight.
Le Nevez finds his new role compelling. "The character they came up with and the storyline, it's pretty compelling actually," he said to AAP. "There is a little love story there but there is also an opportunity for a lot of drama."
The actor is set to begin filming in June, according to Sydney Morning Herald.
The first season of "Love Child" premiered on February 17, 2014 on Channel 9. It was renewed for second season in March. "Love Child," set in 1969, is based on the real life forced adoption in Australia -- the practice of forcefully taking away babies from the unmarried mothers and putting them up for adoption against mothers' will. The first season, consisting of eight episodes, followed the life of people working at the fictional Kings Cross hospital and at Stanton House in Sydney.
The first season's cast list featured Jessica Marais, Jonathan LaPaglia, Mandy McElhinney, Ryan Corr, Ella Scott Lynch, Sophie Hensser, Miranda Tapsell, Gracie Gilbert and Harriet Dyer. It is expected that all the main actors are set to return for the second season.
Meanwhile, Nevez will also return as Patrick Reid when "Offspring" Season 5 premieres on May 14. Patrick died in the penultimate episode of Season 4. The actor will be returning as a guest-star to feature in Nina's imaginations.
The actor recently starred in ABC's tele-movie, "Parer's War."
According to reports, "Love Child" Season 2 is to begin on New Year's Eve of 1970, the dawn of a new decade.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists