‘Love Child’ Season 2 Update: ‘Offspring’ Actor to Play a Compelling Character in New Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 30, 2014 10:20 AM EST
"Love Child" has roped in Matt Le Nevez, who portrayed the role of Patrick Reid in "Offspring," to reportedly play the character of Jack.
"Series Two will go into proaction shortly and today I am absolutely thrilled to announce a new cast member, Matt Le Nevez will be joining," said Andy Ryan, co-head of Drama, as quoted by TV Tonight.
Le Nevez finds his new role compelling. "The character they came up with and the storyline, it's pretty compelling actually," he said to AAP. "There is a little love story there but there is also an opportunity for a lot of drama."
The actor is set to begin filming in June, according to Sydney Morning Herald.
The first season of "Love Child" premiered on February 17, 2014 on Channel 9. It was renewed for second season in March. "Love Child," set in 1969, is based on the real life forced adoption in Australia -- the practice of forcefully taking away babies from the unmarried mothers and putting them up for adoption against mothers' will. The first season, consisting of eight episodes, followed the life of people working at the fictional Kings Cross hospital and at Stanton House in Sydney.
The first season's cast list featured Jessica Marais, Jonathan LaPaglia, Mandy McElhinney, Ryan Corr, Ella Scott Lynch, Sophie Hensser, Miranda Tapsell, Gracie Gilbert and Harriet Dyer. It is expected that all the main actors are set to return for the second season.
Meanwhile, Nevez will also return as Patrick Reid when "Offspring" Season 5 premieres on May 14. Patrick died in the penultimate episode of Season 4. The actor will be returning as a guest-star to feature in Nina's imaginations.
The actor recently starred in ABC's tele-movie, "Parer's War."
According to reports, "Love Child" Season 2 is to begin on New Year's Eve of 1970, the dawn of a new decade.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown