'DC' Superheroes 'Wonder Woman' and Other Hero Stand Alone Films Yet to be Decided After 'Justice League' Film [VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 30, 2014 9:57 AM EST
Warner Bros. finally confirmed on creating a "Justice League" movie, right after the much awaited "Man of Steel 2" sequel set for 2016. Rumours about other DC Universe superheroes surface and official statements are not yet conclusive for more hero film adaptations.
Warner Bros. President Greg Silverman, confirmed to Wall Street Journal on Sunday that the studio will be definitely making a Justice League movie. There are no official announcements for date of production, cast, and other relevant information about the movie. Silverman added that finishing the still-untitled Man of Steel sequel is top priority.
Warner Bros. plans on releasing a fully packaged "all-star" superhero movie first before developing smaller solo-hero stand alone films. This puts in exception the first two prominent DC heroes "Superman" and "Batman" who had their own films already. News for film adaptations of "Wonder Woman," "The Flash," "Aquaman," and more will depend on the popularity their characters will gain from the Justice League film.
As film enthusiasts compare Marvel and DC's pattern in making superhero films, DC comics seems to be taking a different approach. Before "The Avengers" in 2012, Marvel has first released stand alone superhero flicks to introduce characters to the audience. Warner Brothers will first release Man of Steel 2, that includes the first appearance for Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), and "Cyborg" (rumoured to be played by Ray Fisher or Victor Stone). This will be followed by the recently-confirmed Justice League film that will introduce more superhero characters on-screen.
Warner Bros. will then gauge the audience's response to the lesser-known superheroes and later decide to make stand alone films for them.
According to MTV News, should Wonder Woman ever make it to the big screen, another DC superhero will precede her. Warner Bros. told the Wall Street Journal that they are actively developing movies based on the DC comics "Shazam," "Metal Men," "Fables," and "100 Bullets."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon