‘American Idol’ 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 ‘Finals Week 10 – Top 5 Sings America’s Choice’ Airs April 30
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 30, 2014 9:37 AM EST
Are you one of the thousands of people who have sent their song suggestions to "American Idol" through Twitter's #idolrequests? If you are, this may be your lucky week as AI Season 13 shifts from country and rock to America's requests!
Singers and judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. pose at the party for the finalists of "American Idol XIII" in West Hollywood, California February 20, 2014.
American Idol 2014 reveals that Finals Week 10 theme is "America's Choice." After weeks of AI asking people to send in their song requests of what they want the Idol finalists to sing, American Idol finally gives in and let America decide what the Idol Top 5 should sing.
There's a small glitch, though, as it appears the American Idol producers still won't give fans the entire liberty to pick songs for the Idol finalists. According to AI Season 13 spoilers, the producers of the show still have the hand in choosing.
The Top 5 finalists are given a list collected from the suggestions from Twitter. It meant the songs are narrowed down so the idol finalists don't have to choose among thousands. Still, your song request might still be what your idol favourite sings. And apparently, this week's performance is going to be "epic," according to American Idol Twitter account @AmericanIdol, so stay tuned for this week's live performance on FOX.
— American Idol (@AmericanIdol) April 29, 2014
[UPDATE: Song list from TVLine included.]
The Neighbourhood's "Sweater Weather"
A Great Big World (feat. Christina Aguilera)'s "Say Something"
Whitesnake's "Still of the Night"
Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"
Amy Winehouse's "Valerie"
Young the Giant's "My Body"
Christina Perri's "Human"
Lana del Rey's "Summertime Sadness"
Ed Sheeran's "Sing"
The Fray's "How to Save a Life"
Aside from hearing your favourite idol finalist sing your suggested song -- two songs like last week to fill in the two-hour show and see more of the contestants' versatility -- Jason Mraz is also set to appear on the show as guest mentor for the Top 5 as revealed on his Twitter account @jason_mraz.
Then for the results show, American Idol 2014 judge Keith Urban is said to be performing. Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick Jr. have previously performed on the idol stage so this is the perfect time for Keith Urban to eventually own the idol stage.
With the Idol contestants now down to five, and with only a few more weeks to go before the finale, the competition has become even fiercer.
Last week, after singing country and rock, C.J. Harris eventually got the shake of the head and went home, leaving Caleb Johnson, Jessica Meuse, Alex Preston, Jena Irene Ascuitto and Sam Woolf in the Idol top 5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots