‘American Idol’ 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 ‘Finals Week 10 – Top 5 Sings America’s Choice’ Airs April 30
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 30, 2014 9:37 AM EST
Are you one of the thousands of people who have sent their song suggestions to "American Idol" through Twitter's #idolrequests? If you are, this may be your lucky week as AI Season 13 shifts from country and rock to America's requests!
Singers and judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. pose at the party for the finalists of "American Idol XIII" in West Hollywood, California February 20, 2014.
American Idol 2014 reveals that Finals Week 10 theme is "America's Choice." After weeks of AI asking people to send in their song requests of what they want the Idol finalists to sing, American Idol finally gives in and let America decide what the Idol Top 5 should sing.
There's a small glitch, though, as it appears the American Idol producers still won't give fans the entire liberty to pick songs for the Idol finalists. According to AI Season 13 spoilers, the producers of the show still have the hand in choosing.
The Top 5 finalists are given a list collected from the suggestions from Twitter. It meant the songs are narrowed down so the idol finalists don't have to choose among thousands. Still, your song request might still be what your idol favourite sings. And apparently, this week's performance is going to be "epic," according to American Idol Twitter account @AmericanIdol, so stay tuned for this week's live performance on FOX.
— American Idol (@AmericanIdol) April 29, 2014
[UPDATE: Song list from TVLine included.]
The Neighbourhood's "Sweater Weather"
A Great Big World (feat. Christina Aguilera)'s "Say Something"
Whitesnake's "Still of the Night"
Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"
Amy Winehouse's "Valerie"
Young the Giant's "My Body"
Christina Perri's "Human"
Lana del Rey's "Summertime Sadness"
Ed Sheeran's "Sing"
The Fray's "How to Save a Life"
Aside from hearing your favourite idol finalist sing your suggested song -- two songs like last week to fill in the two-hour show and see more of the contestants' versatility -- Jason Mraz is also set to appear on the show as guest mentor for the Top 5 as revealed on his Twitter account @jason_mraz.
Then for the results show, American Idol 2014 judge Keith Urban is said to be performing. Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick Jr. have previously performed on the idol stage so this is the perfect time for Keith Urban to eventually own the idol stage.
With the Idol contestants now down to five, and with only a few more weeks to go before the finale, the competition has become even fiercer.
Last week, after singing country and rock, C.J. Harris eventually got the shake of the head and went home, leaving Caleb Johnson, Jessica Meuse, Alex Preston, Jena Irene Ascuitto and Sam Woolf in the Idol top 5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June