NBA News: Sacramento Kings Interested To Retain Rudy Gay
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 9:26 AM EST
The Sacramento Kings are interested to keep borderline All-Star Rudy Gay, who was traded by the Toronto Raptors to the west coast midway into the 2013-14 season.
Kings general manager Pete D'Alessandro stressed their first option this offseason is to work out a contract extension with Gay, who could opt out of the final year of his contract worth $19.3 million.
"Kings GM Pete D'Alessandro says he didn't trade for Rudy Gay just to have him around for this year, and he'll continue to talk to the forward who's undecided on a player option worth more than $19.3MM for 2014/15, as D'Alessandro tells Katie Cracchiolo of Kings.com. Gay has a chance to become a sought-after free agent this summer, but D'Alessandro apparently wants to ensure that he's back one way or another," Hoops Rumors reported.
D'Alessandro believed Gay would perfect fit their system even before they pulled off a trade with the Raptors last December.
"We did our analysis of Rudy before we did our deal. Rudy is exactly what I expected, which has been nothing short of great," D'Alessandro said. "We see him as a very consistent, top-level player."
Gay averaged 20 points and 6 rebounds for the Raptos and the Kings last season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’