NBA News: Sacramento Kings Interested To Retain Rudy Gay
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 9:26 AM EST
The Sacramento Kings are interested to keep borderline All-Star Rudy Gay, who was traded by the Toronto Raptors to the west coast midway into the 2013-14 season.
Kings general manager Pete D'Alessandro stressed their first option this offseason is to work out a contract extension with Gay, who could opt out of the final year of his contract worth $19.3 million.
"Kings GM Pete D'Alessandro says he didn't trade for Rudy Gay just to have him around for this year, and he'll continue to talk to the forward who's undecided on a player option worth more than $19.3MM for 2014/15, as D'Alessandro tells Katie Cracchiolo of Kings.com. Gay has a chance to become a sought-after free agent this summer, but D'Alessandro apparently wants to ensure that he's back one way or another," Hoops Rumors reported.
D'Alessandro believed Gay would perfect fit their system even before they pulled off a trade with the Raptors last December.
"We did our analysis of Rudy before we did our deal. Rudy is exactly what I expected, which has been nothing short of great," D'Alessandro said. "We see him as a very consistent, top-level player."
Gay averaged 20 points and 6 rebounds for the Raptos and the Kings last season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown