NFL News: Seattle Seahawks Give Earl Thomas Huge Payday
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 9:26 AM EST
The Seattle Seahawks rewarded Earl Thomas' hardwork by making him the highest-paid safety in the NFL, the team announced on Monday.
Thomas, who signed a 10-year, $40 million extension with the Seahawks, will become the highest-paid defensive back in the league on a multi-year deal. Thomas will earn at least $10 million per year in a deal that allows him to be a free-agent again at age 29.
"The Seahawks four-year extension for safety Earl Thomas pays him $40 million base value with $27.725 million guaranteed, source says," NFL insider Ian Rapoport posted on his Twitter account.
The 24-year old Thomas recorded 105 tackles and 5 interceptions, and helped the Seahawks win the Super Bowl against the Denver Broncos last season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter