NFL News: Seattle Seahawks Give Earl Thomas Huge Payday
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 9:26 AM EST
The Seattle Seahawks rewarded Earl Thomas' hardwork by making him the highest-paid safety in the NFL, the team announced on Monday.
Thomas, who signed a 10-year, $40 million extension with the Seahawks, will become the highest-paid defensive back in the league on a multi-year deal. Thomas will earn at least $10 million per year in a deal that allows him to be a free-agent again at age 29.
"The Seahawks four-year extension for safety Earl Thomas pays him $40 million base value with $27.725 million guaranteed, source says," NFL insider Ian Rapoport posted on his Twitter account.
The 24-year old Thomas recorded 105 tackles and 5 interceptions, and helped the Seahawks win the Super Bowl against the Denver Broncos last season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy