NFL News: Seattle Seahawks Give Earl Thomas Huge Payday
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 9:26 AM EST
The Seattle Seahawks rewarded Earl Thomas' hardwork by making him the highest-paid safety in the NFL, the team announced on Monday.
Thomas, who signed a 10-year, $40 million extension with the Seahawks, will become the highest-paid defensive back in the league on a multi-year deal. Thomas will earn at least $10 million per year in a deal that allows him to be a free-agent again at age 29.
"The Seahawks four-year extension for safety Earl Thomas pays him $40 million base value with $27.725 million guaranteed, source says," NFL insider Ian Rapoport posted on his Twitter account.
The 24-year old Thomas recorded 105 tackles and 5 interceptions, and helped the Seahawks win the Super Bowl against the Denver Broncos last season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report