NFL News: Seattle Seahawks Give Earl Thomas Huge Payday
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 30, 2014 9:26 AM EST
The Seattle Seahawks rewarded Earl Thomas' hardwork by making him the highest-paid safety in the NFL, the team announced on Monday.
Thomas, who signed a 10-year, $40 million extension with the Seahawks, will become the highest-paid defensive back in the league on a multi-year deal. Thomas will earn at least $10 million per year in a deal that allows him to be a free-agent again at age 29.
"The Seahawks four-year extension for safety Earl Thomas pays him $40 million base value with $27.725 million guaranteed, source says," NFL insider Ian Rapoport posted on his Twitter account.
The 24-year old Thomas recorded 105 tackles and 5 interceptions, and helped the Seahawks win the Super Bowl against the Denver Broncos last season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff